Where do I find the software for recording advertised for the mixer Q802usb?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Just joined and so far this sucks. Bought a Behringer mixer after review of add showing software avaliable. Downloaded what I found and got was nothing more than public domain software. Audacity. This is not the software used in the web site demo. 

Anyone have a clue whre I can get what was advertisedin web promo?

This really sucks. Software should have come with product. Downloads require too much personal info. I did it and the download is NOT what was shown on demo.

Richard R Moran
Ricktek Contributor - Level 1 2020-04-18

2020-04-18

Just joined and so far this sucks. Bought a Behringer mixer after review of add showing software avaliable. Downloaded what I found and got was nothing more than public domain software. Audacity. This is not the software used in the web site demo. 

This really sucks. Software should have come with product. Downloads require too much personal info. I did it and the download is NOT what was shown on demo.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Where do I find the software for recording advertised for the mixer Q802usb?

@Ricktek wrote:

That is an old video actually. The person in that video hasn't been with the company for at least 2 years. Many things have changed since then, including Tracktion (which he mentioned). It is now called Waveform which is available (version 7 is free) here. By the way, even the X32 and new Wing does not come with DAW software. Also, for the record, the Q802USB does not provide true multi-tracking signals. It only has stereo (2 track) bidirectional via USB.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Where do I find the software for recording advertised for the mixer Q802usb?

Thanks for reply. Do you know if i can record stereo to pc using USB out on mixer? Would I be able to adjust audio going over USB with mixer or is it fixed at one setting? I am only looking to record a left and right channel.

Richard R Moran
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Ricktek wrote:

Do you know if i can record stereo to pc using USB out on mixer? 

Yes you can

Would I be able to adjust audio going over USB with mixer or is it fixed at one setting? I am only looking to record a left and right channel.

Yes, the signal sent from the mixer via USB to the computer is the Main mix and can be adjusted with the Main Mix knob. If you want 2 separate tracks (eg. vocal and guitar), pan one channel hard left and the other channel hard right. This will separate the two inputs in the DAW.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!