Contributor - Level 1

XR18 Can't connect via Ethernet to PC running Linux

Hello Community:

I've been able to connect my XR18 via the Access Point and Wireless to my computer, my ipad, and Android. I was also able to connect to my PC running Windows 10 via the Ethernet port. 

Unfortunately [and this is why I am writing] I have not been able to connect to my Linux PC (Ubuntu 19.04) via the Ethernet. I have been able to connect to my Linux PC with the Access point, and via wifi. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to bring two computers to each show.

Thanks,

J

TheCroMan Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-30

2019-10-30

XR18 Can't connect via Ethernet to PC running Linux

Hello Community:

I've been able to connect my XR18 via the Access Point and Wireless to my computer, my ipad, and Android. I was also able to connect to my PC running Windows 10 via the Ethernet port. 

Unfortunately [and this is why I am writing] I have not been able to connect to my Linux PC (Ubuntu 19.04) via the Ethernet. I have been able to connect to my Linux PC with the Access point, and via wifi. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to bring two computers to each show.

Thanks,

J

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR18 Can't connect via Ethernet to PC running Linux

Hi J ( @TheCroMan ), 

Welcome to the community.  When you say connect, do you mean the XAir Edit app or networking in general?  Do you get an IP address from the XR18 and can you ping it from the Linux PC? I'm assuming you have the XR18 configured as the DHCP server or are you running with static IPs? 

We need to verify the basics are working first and go from there. 

Ken 

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver