Contributor - Level 1

XTF8 speakers and room size

I am interested in a pair of Tannoy XTF8 speakers. I have no XTF6 speakers in the area but there are some 8's about 40 miles from me. Before I make the drive, I have read a few reviews where it states one must have a fair amount of room for these to sound their best. My room is about 216 or so square feet, roughly 14.5 feet wide and about 15 feet deep with 12 foot ceilings. Any one out there with an idea if these would work and I should make the drive to get them? I am sure I can demo them inmy home but frankly, with the traffic conditions here, I would prefer to do as little driving as possible.

Thanks for the help.

Robert

harveyRR1 Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-11

2020-01-11

XTF8 speakers and room size

I am interested in a pair of Tannoy XTF8 speakers. I have no XTF6 speakers in the area but there are some 8's about 40 miles from me. Before I make the drive, I have read a few reviews where it states one must have a fair amount of room for these to sound their best. My room is about 216 or so square feet, roughly 14.5 feet wide and about 15 feet deep with 12 foot ceilings. Any one out there with an idea if these would work and I should make the drive to get them? I am sure I can demo them inmy home but frankly, with the traffic conditions here, I would prefer to do as little driving as possible.

Thanks for the help.

Robert

Contributor - Level 1

Re: XTF8 speakers and room size

Perhaps I need to rephrase my question. I need to know or hear from anyone using the Tannoy XTF8 speakers and the size of the room in which those speakers are being used. I do not want to overload my room with bass so when reviewers and others say that the XTF8 needs a "good sized room", what are some examples of a "good sized room"?

Thanks...

HAJ I