Top Tags
Contributor - Level 2

Forum bug?

I had made a post in the “Recording” forum with a few questions that received no response. Ultimately, I got my answers by contacting Behringer support.

So, I wanted to post the answers provided to me by replying to my own, original post, in order to help anyone else who may run into the same issues in the future.

When I attempted to do this:

- The forum software first warned me there were HTML tags in my reply which were automatically removed (although there were none in the original I could see), then displayed the edited version and asked if I still wanted to post it. I replied to the affirmative.

- I checked the thread, and my new reply was there.

- I went back to re-read it a few minutes later because I thought I had made a typo, but the entire reply had completely disappeared.

I've gone through this twice now, with the exact same results. Is the inability to reply to one's own posts a known bug here?

CraigG58 Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-22

2019-11-22

Forum bug?

I had made a post in the “Recording” forum with a few questions that received no response. Ultimately, I got my answers by contacting Behringer support.

So, I wanted to post the answers provided to me by replying to my own, original post, in order to help anyone else who may run into the same issues in the future.

When I attempted to do this:

- The forum software first warned me there were HTML tags in my reply which were automatically removed (although there were none in the original I could see), then displayed the edited version and asked if I still wanted to post it. I replied to the affirmative.

- I checked the thread, and my new reply was there.

- I went back to re-read it a few minutes later because I thought I had made a typo, but the entire reply had completely disappeared.

I've gone through this twice now, with the exact same results. Is the inability to reply to one's own posts a known bug here?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Forum bug?

Hi @CraigG58 , 

Welcome to the community.  I've seen a few "glitches" in the past and that is one of them.  Instead of replying to your own post, can you try clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper-right, selecting Edit Reply, and adding it to your original post.  

BTW, Thank you for taking the time to post the information you got from support.  That should be helpful to others and reduce the number of support tickets. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

View solution in original post

Rising Star - Level 3

Hi @CraigG58 , 

Welcome to the community.  I've seen a few "glitches" in the past and that is one of them.  Instead of replying to your own post, can you try clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper-right, selecting Edit Reply, and adding it to your original post.  

BTW, Thank you for taking the time to post the information you got from support.  That should be helpful to others and reduce the number of support tickets. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Ken... The command in the "3 dot" pull-down is actually "Edit Message" (no biggie, I got your drift). I used that, and it worked just fine.

Definitely a few things buggier than a picnic around here, but thanks for the tip!

Rising Star - Level 3

Hi @CraigG58 , 

Yes, very buggie.  When I click that pulldown it is definitely "Edit Reply".  Glad it worked for you at least. 

Thanks for posting the update in your UMC1820 post. Great info. 

Ken

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Just realized that I was seeing "Edit Message" because I was editing the OP and you were likely seeing "Edit Reply" because, well, that's probably what you were doing. ;^)

My pleasure in posting that UMC1820/ADA8200 info... It drives me crazy when I see threads with just the original post and no replies, then the person who made it never bothers coming back to post how the issue was resolved. Very irritating when you're doing web searches for a given problem.