Top Tags
Contributor - Level 2

How Behringer has created his new colors to the TD3

Hi. My name is Josh and I am a graphic designer and music producer. I am writing to tell you a little story:

First of all, among other things I dedicate myself to making music for other artists, mainly from the Techno genre, in several underground variants. I love the Acid sound for a long time and many of my productions are characterized by having bass and Acid melodies. When I saw over time that Behringer was engaged in the launch of clones of classical study pieces, I had a feeling that sooner or later a clone of the famous TB-303 would be sold. I endured my desire to acquire more clones of 303 until the launch of Mr. Uli's clone. Finally, in November 2019 the new TD-3 was announced and everything was joy. That same first week of November, with the excitement of seeing the face of the new clone and seeing the aesthetics that I had acquired and not very happy with the colors they put on, I decided to make my version of how I would like the new TD-3 to be . Then I got down to work and created the Black version, as I like all the synthesizers and the Yellow version. The latter, to give a touch of exclusivity (within my imagination and taking into account that I love marketing) I thought that if a Special Edition were created, that would have greater impact and greater increase in sales. After this, I published my creations of the colors that I thought would be good in various forums of electronic music and social networks. Simple up to here. Well, the knot of history you already know. When the first day of this new year I discover that the gentlemen of Behringer put on sale the new colors of TD-3, which coincidentally are black and yellow, and that for more, the yellow version they call it Limited Edition. Well, I think you don't have to have a career in college to understand what has happened here. It is obvious that Behringer was lucid with my idea of ​​these new colors, which were on the lips of all synthesizer lovers because I published the images in the forums with greater impact on the music scene. and it is not due to "you ask and we listen". I created the germ that went viral and people just asked for the colors they saw and others told them. The next thing is to tell my discomfort for all this. I am nobody, but if a music lover and a Behringer client for a long time ago and seeing this action hurts, since we all know the value of intellectual property, of the imagination, of the idea that has been stolen and used without your consent, or without your mention anywhere. We know the ethically correct, that when someone uses a photo. Image, text, yours, a mention of the artist is minimally requested. And it is more than clear that in this case Behringer has not hesitated to use my idea for his personal benefit and has had no qualms about mentioning or asking about the use of my intellectual property.
Behringer has mentioned the person who created the song for his videos. I think that in this world not everything goes to win. I agree that they are multinationals with a lot of power behind their backs, but a simple gesture of cordiality would be enough, and even such a gesture and public mention would give more value to the brand and its own customers would be reflected in it, which would generate a feedback of positive actions of ideas / creations, and all this always positive for Behringer. I think it is necessary that they reflect and take some action on this subject.

Sincerely, Josh.

JR1984 Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-04

2020-01-04

How Behringer has created his new colors to the TD3

Hi. My name is Josh and I am a graphic designer and music producer. I am writing to tell you a little story:

First of all, among other things I dedicate myself to making music for other artists, mainly from the Techno genre, in several underground variants. I love the Acid sound for a long time and many of my productions are characterized by having bass and Acid melodies. When I saw over time that Behringer was engaged in the launch of clones of classical study pieces, I had a feeling that sooner or later a clone of the famous TB-303 would be sold. I endured my desire to acquire more clones of 303 until the launch of Mr. Uli's clone. Finally, in November 2019 the new TD-3 was announced and everything was joy. That same first week of November, with the excitement of seeing the face of the new clone and seeing the aesthetics that I had acquired and not very happy with the colors they put on, I decided to make my version of how I would like the new TD-3 to be . Then I got down to work and created the Black version, as I like all the synthesizers and the Yellow version. The latter, to give a touch of exclusivity (within my imagination and taking into account that I love marketing) I thought that if a Special Edition were created, that would have greater impact and greater increase in sales. After this, I published my creations of the colors that I thought would be good in various forums of electronic music and social networks. Simple up to here. Well, the knot of history you already know. When the first day of this new year I discover that the gentlemen of Behringer put on sale the new colors of TD-3, which coincidentally are black and yellow, and that for more, the yellow version they call it Limited Edition. Well, I think you don't have to have a career in college to understand what has happened here. It is obvious that Behringer was lucid with my idea of ​​these new colors, which were on the lips of all synthesizer lovers because I published the images in the forums with greater impact on the music scene. and it is not due to "you ask and we listen". I created the germ that went viral and people just asked for the colors they saw and others told them. The next thing is to tell my discomfort for all this. I am nobody, but if a music lover and a Behringer client for a long time ago and seeing this action hurts, since we all know the value of intellectual property, of the imagination, of the idea that has been stolen and used without your consent, or without your mention anywhere. We know the ethically correct, that when someone uses a photo. Image, text, yours, a mention of the artist is minimally requested. And it is more than clear that in this case Behringer has not hesitated to use my idea for his personal benefit and has had no qualms about mentioning or asking about the use of my intellectual property.
Behringer has mentioned the person who created the song for his videos. I think that in this world not everything goes to win. I agree that they are multinationals with a lot of power behind their backs, but a simple gesture of cordiality would be enough, and even such a gesture and public mention would give more value to the brand and its own customers would be reflected in it, which would generate a feedback of positive actions of ideas / creations, and all this always positive for Behringer. I think it is necessary that they reflect and take some action on this subject.

Sincerely, Josh.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: How Behringer has created his new colors to the TD3

Hi @JR1984 

Welcome to the forum. Your story would be a lot more readable if you would break up you paragraphs. I started reading the second paragraph and gave up.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

You are right.

I hope that this is better and do not give up, just like I never give up!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, among other things I dedicate myself to making music for other artists, mainly from the Techno genre, in several underground variants. I love the Acid sound for a long time and many of my productions are characterized by having bass and Acid melodies.

When I saw over time that Behringer was engaged in the launch of clones of classical study pieces, I had a feeling that sooner or later a clone of the famous TB-303 would be sold. I endured my desire to acquire more clones of 303 until the launch of Mr. Uli's clone.

Finally, in November 2019 the new TD-3 was announced and everything was joy. That same first week of November, with the excitement of seeing the face of the new clone and seeing the aesthetics that I had acquired and not very happy with the colors they put on, I decided to make my version of how I would like the new TD-3 to be .

Then I got down to work and created the Black version, as I like all the synthesizers and the Yellow version. The latter, to give a touch of exclusivity (within my imagination and taking into account that I love marketing) I thought that if a Special Edition were created, that would have greater impact and greater increase in sales.

After this, I published my creations of the colors that I thought would be good in various forums of electronic music and social networks. Simple up to here.

Well, the knot of history you already know.

When the first day of this new year I discover that the gentlemen of Behringer put on sale the new colors of TD-3, which coincidentally are black and yellow, and that for more, the yellow version they call it Limited Edition.

Well, I think you don't have to have a career in college to understand what has happened here. It is obvious that Behringer was lucid with my idea of ​​these new colors, which were on the lips of all synthesizer lovers because I published the images in the forums with greater impact on the music scene. and it is not due to "you ask and we listen".

I created the germ that went viral and people just asked for the colors they saw and others told them.

The next thing is to tell my discomfort for all this. I am nobody, but if a music lover and a Behringer client for a long time ago and seeing this action hurts, since we all know the value of intellectual property, of the imagination, of the idea that has been stolen and used without your consent, or without your mention anywhere.

We know the ethically correct, that when someone uses a photo. Image, text, yours, a mention of the artist is minimally requested. And it is more than clear that in this case Behringer has not hesitated to use my idea for his personal benefit and has had no qualms about mentioning or asking about the use of my intellectual property.

Sincerely, Josh.

Contributor - Level 2

Hy and what time or where can we pre-order it.. The special edition?   Thanks a lot..

Best regards herrfuchs