Top Tags
Contributor - Level 1

UMC22 Jack Audio not reaching PC

I have a couple of outputs from my meeting room A/V system. I can record on Audacity when I have the XLR plugged in, but I cannot use that feed because it's line level. But I can use the jack interface. I can hear the room via the direct monitor but I cannot understand why the sound isn't coming through the USB interface. Why would I be able to record when the sound comes in via the XLR line but not via line 2? 

Thank you, 

T

Tags (1)
tterrill Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-21

2019-10-21

UMC22 Jack Audio not reaching PC

I have a couple of outputs from my meeting room A/V system. I can record on Audacity when I have the XLR plugged in, but I cannot use that feed because it's line level. But I can use the jack interface. I can hear the room via the direct monitor but I cannot understand why the sound isn't coming through the USB interface. Why would I be able to record when the sound comes in via the XLR line but not via line 2? 

Thank you, 

T

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: UMC22 Jack Audio not reaching PC

Hi Thane ( @tterrill ), 

Welcome to the community.  Can you open Sound Control Panel and take a look at the Advanced Properties for the Input device?  It should say "2 Channel, 24 bit, 44100 Hz (Studio Quality)".  The "2 Channel" is the only important part.  If it doesn't say "2 Channel" then you have a driver problem.  If it does then it's something in the Audacity setup.  I can't help much with Audacity since I don't use it. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 1

Re: UMC22 Jack Audio not reaching PC

Thank you. During a re-install I didn't get the microphone privacy setting set correctly.