Top Tags
Contributor - Level 1

Upgrade 231

Hello everyone, help is appreciated. 

Upgraded our Midas Pro2 to the latest version available 3.4.6, was planning to upgrade the firmware of our DL231's, but was unable to finish the upgrade with the IO upgrade software. 

Respecting the proper procedures for the upgrader (local IP set, firewall temporarily deactivated, DL Unit and ID matching the settings of the IO interface) , the process always fails at step : Cannot connect to device!

Also, the current version of the unit reads : UNKNOWN 

Could someone elucidate please? I reckon this isnt a connectivity issue, and know no more what to do to conclude the upgrade... 

Thank you in advance, 

Filipe 

Fcnr Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-24

2019-10-24

Upgrade 231

Hello everyone, help is appreciated. 

Upgraded our Midas Pro2 to the latest version available 3.4.6, was planning to upgrade the firmware of our DL231's, but was unable to finish the upgrade with the IO upgrade software. 

Respecting the proper procedures for the upgrader (local IP set, firewall temporarily deactivated, DL Unit and ID matching the settings of the IO interface) , the process always fails at step : Cannot connect to device!

Also, the current version of the unit reads : UNKNOWN 

Could someone elucidate please? I reckon this isnt a connectivity issue, and know no more what to do to conclude the upgrade... 

Thank you in advance, 

Filipe 

Triber Contributor

Re: Upgrade 231

Hi @Fcnr 

Have you tried upgrading the DL231 while connected to the Pro2, using the Pro2's upgrade process? If you're unfamiliar, you can upgrade I/O boxes whilst connected to a PRO Series console. It will likely work using this method. However should this not work, you can connect from the Pro2's AES50 port to the DL231's Ethernet Control port and run the console updater too. 

Please, if you're still having trouble feel free to private message me and I'd be happy to assist further. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs