Highlighted
Triber

Midas On Tour - Connor Houston Part 1 - The Most Important Aspect Of My Job 

Part one of our interview with engineer Connor Houston, a young engineer with a burgeoning reputation. We catch up with Connor at Manchester's Albert Hall as he prepares to work at FoH for American multi-instrumentalist BC Camplight. In part one Connor talks us through his career progression and how the remote capability of the M32R is essential for his work on this tour. 

Connor quickly went from student on a Live Sound course to a highly regarded and in-demand Live Sound engineer working at Front Of House  for some of the most exciting acts in the music industry, so if you are an aspiring Live Sound engineer or currently doing your studies on an audio or Music Technology based course then listen up! 

As always please give Kudos, Subscribe and Share and if you have any suggestions for featured guests, questions or specific skills, then let us know in the comments!

Broadcasting Storytelling Champion MUSIC Tribe Brands UK Ltd.

Lessons

MIDAS ON TOUR - Connor Houston pt. 2 - WHY I TRUST MIDAS

by NSomerville

MIDAS ON TOUR - Connor Houston pt. 2 - WHY I TRUST MIDAS In the second part of our interview with engineer Connor Houston, he talks us through his reasons for trusting in Midas Co...

Lesson 1
MIDAS ON TOUR - Connor Houston 3/3 - CAT 5 PROBLEM SOLVED

by NSomerville

MIDAS ON TOUR - Connor Houston pt. 2 - CAT 5 PROBLEM SOLVED In the third and final part of our interview with Connor Houston, he recalls the moment a Tour Manager's oversight that...

Lesson 2
MIDAS ON TOUR - Ozzy Giron 1/3 - GOOD GEAR, GREAT BANDS & FR...

by NSomerville

MIDAS ON TOUR - Ozzy Giron 1/3 - GOOD GEAR, GREAT BANDS & FRIENDSHIPS For our second interview in the Midas On Tour series, we caught up with engineer Ozzy Giron while he was ...

Lesson 3
MIDAS ON TOUR - Ozzy Giron 2/3 - HAVING THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT

by NSomerville

In the second part of our interview with veteran engineer Ozzy Giron, he tells us why having the right equipment is vital, and how setting up for a show can be a lot like like arr...

Lesson 4
MIDAS ON TOUR - Ozzy Giron 3/3 - BEING A MUSICIAN HELPS

by NSomerville

In the third and final part of our interview with veteran engineer Ozzy Giron he explains why he has opted for the Pro 2 over his staple console the Pro X for his latest tour with...

Lesson 5
MIDAS ON TOUR - Gump 1/3 - MIDAS GOES EVERYWHERE I GO

by NSomerville

We caught up with sound engineer "Gump" while he was touring the UK with Swedish melodic Metal band; Arch Enemy. He is working monitor positon with his trusty Pro2, a console he c...

Lesson 6
IT'S ALL ABOUT MUSIC FOR ME - Gump 2/3 - Midas On Tour

by NSomerville

IT'S ALL ABOUT MUSIC FOR ME - Gump 2/3 - Midas On Tour In the second instalment of our interview with Monitors and Front Of House engineer Gump, he tells us the importance of rout...

Lesson 7
IT'S AN EVERYDAY CHALLENGE- Gump 3/3 - Midas On Tour

by NSomerville

In the final part of our chat with Gump a sound engineer who is currently touring on monitors for Swedish Metal band Arch Enemy, he talks us through the most important aspect of h...

Lesson 8