Contributor - Level 2

Behringer nx6000d

What type of watts/ohms do I need for this amplifier with my speakers?Is 2000 watts enough?

KeithSr5704 Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-29

2019-11-29

Behringer nx6000d

What type of watts/ohms do I need for this amplifier with my speakers?Is 2000 watts enough?

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Behringer nx6000d

Hi Keith ( @KeithSr5704 ), 

Welcome to the community.  The NX600D can drive 3000W peak into 4 ohms or 1600W peak into 8 ohms so it depends on the impedance of your 2000W speakers. If they are 8 ohms you'd be fine but if they are 4 ohms you could blow them if you crank the output too high. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

So 2000 watt speakers are my best option just turn my amplifier down if the speakers are 4 ohms?

Rising Star - Level 3

@KeithSr5704 ,

I wouldn't say that's your best option.  Your best option is 3000W speakers @ 4 ohms or 1600W speakers at 8 ohms. Do you already have the speakers or the amp or are you looking into purchasing both?  

Relying on the volume setting is risky unless you have full control over your amp, as in, behind a locked door or in a locked cabinet.  A couple of decades ago I had a pair of Ohm Walsh 2 HiFi speakers that I knew were under-rated for the MacIntosh Amp I had them connected to.  One night a drunken friend of mine decided to "Crank it" and shattered the drivers on both speakers. BTW, he's still a good friend of mine, even after that, but it certainly killed the party that night.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

I have the amp & a pair of behringer 200 0 watt eurolive speakers that I just purchased- Does behringer offer 3000 watt speakers?

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Keith, 

No.  I don't know of any Behringer 3000W passive speakers.  In this case, then yes, your best option is to keep control of the output level of the amp.  

Ken