Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Connecting Beringher TD-3 to Ableton 10

hey guys,

Looking for some help to work out the best way to connect my synth to Ableton. This is my first hardware syth and having a bit of trouble getting the right configuration. 

As it is a midi enabled synth, do I just need to connect the USB cable to my computer? Or do I need to connect the MIDI out port to the MIDI In on my soundcard so that I can record midi from the patterns I have programmed on the TD-3?

I am able to sent MIDI to the TD-3 and it plays midi patterns I have written in Ableton, but I can't seem to get it to go the other way. Also non of the send channels appear once I have enabled the TD and if I add any effects to the channels, I don't have any sound, even through it's showing signal.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (3)
steeze Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-13

2020-02-13

Connecting Beringher TD-3 to Ableton 10

hey guys,

Looking for some help to work out the best way to connect my synth to Ableton. This is my first hardware syth and having a bit of trouble getting the right configuration. 

As it is a midi enabled synth, do I just need to connect the USB cable to my computer? Or do I need to connect the MIDI out port to the MIDI In on my soundcard so that I can record midi from the patterns I have programmed on the TD-3?

I am able to sent MIDI to the TD-3 and it plays midi patterns I have written in Ableton, but I can't seem to get it to go the other way. Also non of the send channels appear once I have enabled the TD and if I add any effects to the channels, I don't have any sound, even through it's showing signal.

Thanks for your help.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies