Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Crave Screw Size

Hi. Im building a case for my Crave so its at a more comfortable angle to use but I cant find out the size of the screws on the side that hold the wooden cheeks. Ive emailed support but no answer as yet.BC445C2D-CFF4-466C-B942-C8B9BAA65AF6.jpeg

Does anyone know?

Kelv Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-23

2020-05-23

Crave Screw Size

Hi. Im building a case for my Crave so its at a more comfortable angle to use but I cant find out the size of the screws on the side that hold the wooden cheeks. Ive emailed support but no answer as yet.BC445C2D-CFF4-466C-B942-C8B9BAA65AF6.jpeg

Does anyone know?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Crave Screw Size

Hello @Kelv , welcome to the community.

I don't have a Crave so I can't tell you the screw size but you should be able to find out by measuring it.

Accurately measure the outside diameter of the threaded part in mm (or compare it to metric drill bits). Count how many threads there are over a 10mm length of the screw. The screw pitch is 10 divided by that count. So if you count 12.5 threads in 10mm, the pitch is 0.8mm. The diameter and pitch indicate the screw size. For example, a metric M6 screw has a 6mm diameter and a pitch of 1mm.

Other common metric sizes are shown in this table. If the screw does not match any of the common metric sizes there are other standards but I think this is unlikely. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Crave Screw Size

Nipped into town and luckily the local hardware place has started to open. They're M3 for the record