Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Cueing or preview with Behringer Xenyx 1204USB

I'm using the Behringer Xenyx 1204USB to broadcast a music mix from Virtual DJ and a live mic.  My question is: how do i set it up so that I can cue up a track without it going to the main mix?  My laptop is running VDJ - its  USB output going to a Numark DJ io interface that separates the decks and sends deck 1 and deck 2 the mixer.  My setup:

mic into channel 1

deck 1 into channel 5/6

deck 2 into channel 6/7

I thought that I could dedicate channel ATL 3/4 as a preview monitor but that seems to go to the mix.  Also when I toggle the Main Mix & ALT 3/4 into the headphones the VU meter deactivates. I can still hear the track in the phones.  I'm so confused. Can someone help?

anticus Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-25

2020-03-25

Cueing or preview with Behringer Xenyx 1204USB

I'm using the Behringer Xenyx 1204USB to broadcast a music mix from Virtual DJ and a live mic.  My question is: how do i set it up so that I can cue up a track without it going to the main mix?  My laptop is running VDJ - its  USB output going to a Numark DJ io interface that separates the decks and sends deck 1 and deck 2 the mixer.  My setup:

mic into channel 1

deck 1 into channel 5/6

deck 2 into channel 6/7

I thought that I could dedicate channel ATL 3/4 as a preview monitor but that seems to go to the mix.  Also when I toggle the Main Mix & ALT 3/4 into the headphones the VU meter deactivates. I can still hear the track in the phones.  I'm so confused. Can someone help?

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies