Contributor - Level 1

DDM4000 faulty crossfader? HELP

So for whatever reason my CF ON button randomly stopped working?  I attempted to run the internal diagnostics as per recommended by behringer.  The button itself works but it does not illuminate during the LED test phase.  The crossfader itself also passes the test properly.

I use this ddm4000 very lightly.  I purchased it as a second hand unit and the button originally worked fine.  This unit is adult owned and not abused whatsoever.  I have it hooked up to two NEXT! nt-2500 turntabled for some personal vinyl DJing and scratching.  I am unable to even use the ddm4000 now because its essentially worthless without the crossfade feature. 

Has anyone here ran into this same problem or does anyone know how to fix it?  

The only thing I can say about my internal diganoistics that I ran is that it would not finish because I do not have a midi to midi cable plugged into the in and out MIDI cable slots on the back of the mixer.  It is recommended that I BYPASS this test but there is no way to actually bypass it in the menu on the mixer.  I really feel like this thing could just use a firmware or software upgrade but that doesnt seem to be possible considering its a digital mixer with zero usb outputs.

I am hesitant to send my mixer off to a certified repair facility because I dont want to go spending money to fix a problem that I dont even understand how it occured in the first place.  As I stated, this problem occured randomly 100% and the actual CF button and the crossfader both pass the internal diagnoistics test.  The only thing is the CF on button does not illuminate during the LED testing but I am able to proceed further into the test.

This really gives me a terrible impression of Behringer because I know someone else with a smaller model dj mixer and their crossfader doesnt work either.  

Honestly, at this point, i feel like this ddm4000 is 100% garbage and why should i put any more money into it when theres limited to no resources online as to what exactly is going on with these mixers.  I really hope someone can help me out here and change my perspective of Behringer, but for now, I will not be sending it to be repaired.  It's likely this unit is out of warranty but that shouldn't mean I should be neglected to be responded to via email from musictribe.

Thanks for anyone who might be able to help,

Tyler

amichevole89 Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-22

2019-08-22

DDM4000 faulty crossfader? HELP

So for whatever reason my CF ON button randomly stopped working?  I attempted to run the internal diagnostics as per recommended by behringer.  The button itself works but it does not illuminate during the LED test phase.  The crossfader itself also passes the test properly.

I use this ddm4000 very lightly.  I purchased it as a second hand unit and the button originally worked fine.  This unit is adult owned and not abused whatsoever.  I have it hooked up to two NEXT! nt-2500 turntabled for some personal vinyl DJing and scratching.  I am unable to even use the ddm4000 now because its essentially worthless without the crossfade feature. 

Has anyone here ran into this same problem or does anyone know how to fix it?  

The only thing I can say about my internal diganoistics that I ran is that it would not finish because I do not have a midi to midi cable plugged into the in and out MIDI cable slots on the back of the mixer.  It is recommended that I BYPASS this test but there is no way to actually bypass it in the menu on the mixer.  I really feel like this thing could just use a firmware or software upgrade but that doesnt seem to be possible considering its a digital mixer with zero usb outputs.

I am hesitant to send my mixer off to a certified repair facility because I dont want to go spending money to fix a problem that I dont even understand how it occured in the first place.  As I stated, this problem occured randomly 100% and the actual CF button and the crossfader both pass the internal diagnoistics test.  The only thing is the CF on button does not illuminate during the LED testing but I am able to proceed further into the test.

This really gives me a terrible impression of Behringer because I know someone else with a smaller model dj mixer and their crossfader doesnt work either.  

Honestly, at this point, i feel like this ddm4000 is 100% garbage and why should i put any more money into it when theres limited to no resources online as to what exactly is going on with these mixers.  I really hope someone can help me out here and change my perspective of Behringer, but for now, I will not be sending it to be repaired.  It's likely this unit is out of warranty but that shouldn't mean I should be neglected to be responded to via email from musictribe.

Thanks for anyone who might be able to help,

Tyler

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies