Contributor - Level 1

DEQ2496 as digital EQ

I managed to accidentally get this working once and now it refuses to work again. Simple setup.

Apple TV optical --> DEQ2496 Optical in. --> Optical speaker.

I select Digital as the input.

I've selected everything once as the output. And I can't get it to play on the speaker.

I can plug the apple TV --> speaker and it plays fine.

I can tell by the meters that the DEQ2496 is getting input signals and when I cycle through the meters menu it says it is playing on both the main XLRs and the digital out (I cheat by selecting different things as the RTA even though I have an RTA mic and have the RTA meters show me what is going on with each).

How do I get the Digital signal output working. I'm passing it through the DEQ2496 so I can EQ the signal a little. Thanks for any pointers and guidance. I'm not new to doing sound engineering, but this specific setup has me really stumped.

isptech151 Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-01

2019-07-01

DEQ2496 as digital EQ

I managed to accidentally get this working once and now it refuses to work again. Simple setup.

Apple TV optical --> DEQ2496 Optical in. --> Optical speaker.

I select Digital as the input.

I've selected everything once as the output. And I can't get it to play on the speaker.

I can plug the apple TV --> speaker and it plays fine.

I can tell by the meters that the DEQ2496 is getting input signals and when I cycle through the meters menu it says it is playing on both the main XLRs and the digital out (I cheat by selecting different things as the RTA even though I have an RTA mic and have the RTA meters show me what is going on with each).

How do I get the Digital signal output working. I'm passing it through the DEQ2496 so I can EQ the signal a little. Thanks for any pointers and guidance. I'm not new to doing sound engineering, but this specific setup has me really stumped.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies