Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Dead mic strip on Behringer DX-2000

I recently purchased a DX-2000 mixer to replace my ailing DX-1000.
It works much bette than the old one, but one of the main reasons for purchasing it was that I didn't have two functional mic strips on the old one. The previous one had a defect on Mic input 1 and it appeared that the EQ was stuck fully in the high freq. position, with middle and bass not working at all. As a result, I could not use it. This made having a guest on my radio show problematic.

However, the new model seems to also have a dead mic channel. In this case, Mic input 2 doesn't pass a signal to the output buss. It registers on the 'clipping' light and can be heard on and registers on the PFL, but cannot be heard at all on the main output buss. I've tried everything - the A/B button at the top of the strip, playing with the master gain, using different mics with and without phantom power, everything. It's as if the strip isn't hooked up to the main mix buss.

It's now in my studio setup, and otherwise works fine, so I am hesitant to pull it out to send it back. I do regular radio shows with it and don't really have a backup setup (short of reinstalling the DX-1000). 

I'd love to have guests on my show again when things normalize.

Would appreciate any pointers.Thanks!

Tags (4)
richxxiii Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-22

2020-05-22

Dead mic strip on Behringer DX-2000

I recently purchased a DX-2000 mixer to replace my ailing DX-1000.
It works much bette than the old one, but one of the main reasons for purchasing it was that I didn't have two functional mic strips on the old one. The previous one had a defect on Mic input 1 and it appeared that the EQ was stuck fully in the high freq. position, with middle and bass not working at all. As a result, I could not use it. This made having a guest on my radio show problematic.

However, the new model seems to also have a dead mic channel. In this case, Mic input 2 doesn't pass a signal to the output buss. It registers on the 'clipping' light and can be heard on and registers on the PFL, but cannot be heard at all on the main output buss. I've tried everything - the A/B button at the top of the strip, playing with the master gain, using different mics with and without phantom power, everything. It's as if the strip isn't hooked up to the main mix buss.

It's now in my studio setup, and otherwise works fine, so I am hesitant to pull it out to send it back. I do regular radio shows with it and don't really have a backup setup (short of reinstalling the DX-1000). 

I'd love to have guests on my show again when things normalize.

Would appreciate any pointers.Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies