Contributor - Level 2

Difference between DJing and music producing!!

Hello, I know it's kinda dumb question, but I discovered the secret of DJing recently. But I found it's not for me, so I tried to find another option and one of them is music producing. And I want to ask, I've read many articles about this, but I am still confused - what's the difference between DJing and music producing? Do I have to learn to play an instrument to become music producer? Or is it possible to make music only digitally and use gear to make it easier? I know that DJing is about mixing prepared songs and tracks, but what music producer actually do most of his time? Is it possible to become a producer even without knowing how to DJ or is it better to combine it?fedloan irs.gov easybib

MonilGomes Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-06

2019-11-06

Difference between DJing and music producing!!

Hello, I know it's kinda dumb question, but I discovered the secret of DJing recently. But I found it's not for me, so I tried to find another option and one of them is music producing. And I want to ask, I've read many articles about this, but I am still confused - what's the difference between DJing and music producing? Do I have to learn to play an instrument to become music producer? Or is it possible to make music only digitally and use gear to make it easier? I know that DJing is about mixing prepared songs and tracks, but what music producer actually do most of his time? Is it possible to become a producer even without knowing how to DJ or is it better to combine it?fedloan irs.gov easybib

Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Difference between DJing and music producing!!

The producer tells the dj (after hearing their work) to find a new profession. Then looks for another person or type of music to produce. Are you by any chance related to musifgomes and nusifgomes? If so, one of you should be a dj, one a producer and one a musician....or form a band, and PLAY music I kid, I kid. Honestly, imo these types of things are callings, not choices. If you have to ask, perhaps the answer is already clear....