Contributor - Level 1

Difference between DJing and music producing

Hello, I know it's kinda dumb question, but I discovered the secret of DJing recently. But I found it's not for me, so I tried to find another option and one of them is music producing. And I want to ask, I've read many articles about this, but I am still confused - what's the difference between DJing and music producing? Do I have to learn to play an instrument to become music producer? Or is it possible to make music only digitally and use gear to make it easier? I know that DJing is about mixing prepared songs and tracks, but what music producer actually do most of his time? Is it possible to become a producer even without knowing how to DJ or is it better to combine it?

I love music, but I am still confused about this and still don't know what would be better for me. Oh and is gear for DJ and producer different or the same? And is it possible to combine these two professions?

Thanks a lot!

joelfernandes Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-24

2019-11-24

Difference between DJing and music producing

Hello, I know it's kinda dumb question, but I discovered the secret of DJing recently. But I found it's not for me, so I tried to find another option and one of them is music producing. And I want to ask, I've read many articles about this, but I am still confused - what's the difference between DJing and music producing? Do I have to learn to play an instrument to become music producer? Or is it possible to make music only digitally and use gear to make it easier? I know that DJing is about mixing prepared songs and tracks, but what music producer actually do most of his time? Is it possible to become a producer even without knowing how to DJ or is it better to combine it?

I love music, but I am still confused about this and still don't know what would be better for me. Oh and is gear for DJ and producer different or the same? And is it possible to combine these two professions?

Thanks a lot!

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies