Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Production or "DJing"...which should come first?

So I've been itching to purchase the regular-sized Ableton Launchpad as it comes with the intro Live software already when you purchase. I want to give EDM production a shot as music is one of few things that gives my life meaning and I wish to do something productive/creative; even if only for my own personal development if no one else likes it. color copies for low cost at 55 printing

But my question is...should I purchase a controller for production or give mixing with a controller (possible Pioneer DDJ-SB) a try first? It seems like in order to be DJ in today's music world you have to also be a producer of your own tunes. How did you guys decide on a DAW to produce with and which interface (controller) to use? Should I try trials of several DAWs after watching YouTube videos before I commit to hardware? Or is hardware necessary? It seems to certainly make it easier.

BrysonParker Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-25

2020-03-25

Production or "DJing"...which should come first?

So I've been itching to purchase the regular-sized Ableton Launchpad as it comes with the intro Live software already when you purchase. I want to give EDM production a shot as music is one of few things that gives my life meaning and I wish to do something productive/creative; even if only for my own personal development if no one else likes it. color copies for low cost at 55 printing

But my question is...should I purchase a controller for production or give mixing with a controller (possible Pioneer DDJ-SB) a try first? It seems like in order to be DJ in today's music world you have to also be a producer of your own tunes. How did you guys decide on a DAW to produce with and which interface (controller) to use? Should I try trials of several DAWs after watching YouTube videos before I commit to hardware? Or is hardware necessary? It seems to certainly make it easier.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies