Contributor - Level 2

Routing a behringer umc 404 soundcard to traktor pro and Pioneer djm 400

Halo everyone! Greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia

I recently bought a uphoria umc 404HD in order to get my recent Dj set up work perfectly, but it seemed confusing when I just now tried everything.

My current set up: traktor audio 2 interface, Pioneer Djm 400, A MacBook pro, 2 * X1s and Yamaha MG06X, 2 hs7 Yamaha speakers.

I have been using this set up to play on traktor pro.

I am intended to replace my traktor audio 2 with umc 404 hd that I just bought. But when I tried to set up on traktor pro, in external mixing setting, the option has changed to out 1-2-3-4, while on audio 2 : channel 1-2-3-4, on 404hd I can't control the channel 1 and 2 from my pioneer Djm 400, what did I do wrong? I thought it's just as simple as like audio 2. I basically just want to connect all speakers , Djm 400 everything into Umc404hd ( I also want to record my set with audacity )

Please gimme some help, I am really a beginner for all these stuff.. thanks in advanced!

Techno is Life
Anggatechno Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-07

2019-11-07

Routing a behringer umc 404 soundcard to traktor pro and Pioneer djm 400

Halo everyone! Greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia

I recently bought a uphoria umc 404HD in order to get my recent Dj set up work perfectly, but it seemed confusing when I just now tried everything.

My current set up: traktor audio 2 interface, Pioneer Djm 400, A MacBook pro, 2 * X1s and Yamaha MG06X, 2 hs7 Yamaha speakers.

I have been using this set up to play on traktor pro.

I am intended to replace my traktor audio 2 with umc 404 hd that I just bought. But when I tried to set up on traktor pro, in external mixing setting, the option has changed to out 1-2-3-4, while on audio 2 : channel 1-2-3-4, on 404hd I can't control the channel 1 and 2 from my pioneer Djm 400, what did I do wrong? I thought it's just as simple as like audio 2. I basically just want to connect all speakers , Djm 400 everything into Umc404hd ( I also want to record my set with audacity )

Please gimme some help, I am really a beginner for all these stuff.. thanks in advanced!

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Routing a behringer umc 404 soundcard to traktor pro and Pioneer djm 400

Hi Angga ( @Anggatechno ), 

Welcome to the community.  It's hard to sift through all of NI's marketing hype on their website but as far as I can tell you are able to control the Traktor Audio 2 from Traktor Pro 3 or Traktor DJ 2.  That would not be the case with the 404HD since there is no way to control it via USB.  It is simply an 4x4 I/O audio interface.  I've only played with Traktor Pro 2 a little bit, but I'd recommend not trying to configure it as an external mixer but instead as an audio interface. I "think" this will change the mixing so it occurs within Traktor instead of in the audio interface.  I have a TP2 license on one of my MBPs so I'll play with it a bit more to see if I can help. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Hai @KenMitchell , Thank you for the reply.

I just figured out that this behringer 404 HD doesnt seem to work fully on traktor pro with DJM 400 ( analogue mixer ). I route the RCA cables from channel 1 and 2 of DJM 400 into the RCA outputs of Behringer at the back, I am getting the signals from the EQs of DJM 400, but The fader isnt working at all, so the sound keeps coming out. so basically it's just like Internal Mixing on traktor pro. even if I set up in External mixing on traktor, it behaves just like Internal Mixing.... ( getting the signals but the fader and master volume knob on DJM 400 Cant work.. )

But before I re sell this behringer, do you think I route the cable correctly?

from channel 1 and 2 of DJM 400, RCA into RCA ouputs at the bacak of behringer 404, and Master output of DJM 400 RCA ( i only plug the red one ) into TRS input 1 of Behringer at the front...

Thank you for the reply..

Techno is Life
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Hi Angga, 

I'm having a little trouble understanding your signal flow.   Is there any way you can create a simple sketch of your equipment and connections so I can better understand it?  In the meantime, I'm becoming more famiiliar with Traktor Pro. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

yes I can take pictures one by one... will upload them once it's all ready. Thanks @KenMitchell 

Techno is Life
Contributor - Level 2

I just got an email from someone who once reviewed the behringer 404 on youtube..  and this is what he says:

" The Behringer has 4 outputs, the playback or PB. Those cannot be controlled via the unit. They have to be controlled via software. The Main outputs are the ones that can be controlled via the unit.

The PB outputs are meant for sending out audio from a PC/MAC/iOS device to different sources, so without a computer or iOS device with an app like AUM, to setup and control the outputs, there would be no way. Its not like a mixer. That is one downfall of the behringer UMC404hd "

in the mean time I will prepare the pictures. Thanks @KenMitchell 

Techno is Life