Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

TD-3 : Traditional MIDI OR USB/MIDI ?

Hi everybody I Just purchased a TD-3 AM (Yellow) and i'm very happy ... i planned to use for production AND live performances : i use Ableton Live (as DAW but als as "core" of live perfomances) But i also like to PLAY hardware instruments (synths) on stage ... i synced the TD-3 to ABleton using USB ... i couldn't say that it is out of sync, because IT IS synced well but i noticed a little "shift" between the timing of live tracks and the TD-3 itself ... So my question is ... perhaps using "traditional MIDI sync" gives You a better result ? I have a MIDI-USB external interface so i can use it with a traditional MIDI cable with TD-3 ... did Anyone tried it ?  Or maybe i just have to set a "negative delay" on Ableton (whoever use it knows what i'm tlaking about ) ? ... Thank You in advance - Marcello

Magneto66 Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-19

2020-05-19

TD-3 : Traditional MIDI OR USB/MIDI ?

Hi everybody I Just purchased a TD-3 AM (Yellow) and i'm very happy ... i planned to use for production AND live performances : i use Ableton Live (as DAW but als as "core" of live perfomances) But i also like to PLAY hardware instruments (synths) on stage ... i synced the TD-3 to ABleton using USB ... i couldn't say that it is out of sync, because IT IS synced well but i noticed a little "shift" between the timing of live tracks and the TD-3 itself ... So my question is ... perhaps using "traditional MIDI sync" gives You a better result ? I have a MIDI-USB external interface so i can use it with a traditional MIDI cable with TD-3 ... did Anyone tried it ?  Or maybe i just have to set a "negative delay" on Ableton (whoever use it knows what i'm tlaking about ) ? ... Thank You in advance - Marcello

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies