Contributor - Level 1

X32 Rack boot message "rack: not found"

My X32 Rack suddenly started saying "rack: not found" on boot. Then below that it "Loading resource file..." and then the characters "FD12" show up one at a time over about 5 seconds. Then the screen flickers a bit but shows up, but only the clock is responsive. No buttons on the front do anything. 

Does anybody have any ideas how to go about troubleshooting this? I tried to update firmware but the USB button doesn't seem to do anything right now. Maybe the front panel is disconnected? No buttons or lights are on in the front.

You can see a video of this behavior here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9ljthdqzh407of/IMG_8549.MOV?dl=0

johnfbest Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-07

2019-09-07

X32 Rack boot message "rack: not found"

My X32 Rack suddenly started saying "rack: not found" on boot. Then below that it "Loading resource file..." and then the characters "FD12" show up one at a time over about 5 seconds. Then the screen flickers a bit but shows up, but only the clock is responsive. No buttons on the front do anything. 

Does anybody have any ideas how to go about troubleshooting this? I tried to update firmware but the USB button doesn't seem to do anything right now. Maybe the front panel is disconnected? No buttons or lights are on in the front.

You can see a video of this behavior here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9ljthdqzh407of/IMG_8549.MOV?dl=0

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 Rack boot message "rack: not found"

Hi John @johnfbest 

Welcome to the forum. That is definitely not normal. Can you by chance remotely control the X32 via X32-Edit or one of the other apps?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't gotten it to work remotely yet, but I'm currently verifying the IP by logging in to my router. I did try plugging a microphone into Input 1 and the screen's meters were moving w/ the audio, so it seems at least the screen is working. That strengthens my suspicion that it's a front panel issue ... if I can connect and get functionality on a remote app then that will be a strong case.

EDIT: I did get connected w/ an iPad and everything is working normal there. So it's just the entire front interface that's the issue I guess.

@Paul_Vannatto thanks for your quick reply

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@johnfbest wrote:

So it's just the entire front interface that's the issue I guess.

How old is the Rack? How much do you access the front panel? I do 50-65 events per year and have had my first Rack almost 5 years (next month) and rarely use that front panel (other than occasionally change the network IP address). If it is out of warranty (3 years) and you are a bit handy, you may want to take the cover off and try reseating some cables, etc. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator