Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

XENYX QX1002USB no sound out of 2TR with 2TR input

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just got the XENYX QX1002USB today for multiple uses. It is a brand new unit delivered directly from Amazon. One of the primary uses is at home with my DJ setup which will include livestreaming using the sound coming out of USB. But before I even get there, I tried to do a simple test and ran into issues.

I connected my DJ controller from it's Master RCA out (it only has one output) to the 2TR IN on the mixer, I then connected the mixer via RCA from the 2TR OUT to my amp which then powers the speaker. I pushed the 2TR to Main Mix button. I see the level lights moving. I can hear the sound in the Phones but NOT via the amp. (The wires are working fine. If I plug in the controller directly to the amp bypassing the mixer, sound comes out of the amp/speakers. I know there is no issue of wiring or amp or source sound via the controller.) I conducted a test where I plugged in a microphone into Mic 1 of the mixer via 1/4" connection. I can hear the mic via the amp/speakers.

I don't understand why the 2TR input is not being outputted via 2TR (RCA). Does anyone have an suggestions? It seems to me that you can not input into 2TR and output at the same time. But this doesn't make any sense as the OUT is a parallel signal of the main mix and shouldn't have anything to do with the input being 2TR.

I've ordered RCA to 1/4" cables so I can plug them directly into Line connections using 1/4" plugs. I won't get these cables for a few days from Amazon. This will then let me "record" or livestream out of my laptop via the USB connection as I understand NOW (after buying this mixer) that the Main mix is muted out to the USB when the 2TR/USB button is pressed to out to Main Mix.

But I'd still like to be able to get 2TR IN and OUT working as I can see need for this connections when DJ'g. Ex. If a videographer wants direct sound from the event, I can connect them via 2TR OUT using RCA. I should be able to connect the RCA out from the DJ controller into the 2TR IN as well.
original_dj_raj Contributor - Level 2 2020-05-19

2020-05-19

XENYX QX1002USB no sound out of 2TR with 2TR input

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just got the XENYX QX1002USB today for multiple uses. It is a brand new unit delivered directly from Amazon. One of the primary uses is at home with my DJ setup which will include livestreaming using the sound coming out of USB. But before I even get there, I tried to do a simple test and ran into issues.

I connected my DJ controller from it's Master RCA out (it only has one output) to the 2TR IN on the mixer, I then connected the mixer via RCA from the 2TR OUT to my amp which then powers the speaker. I pushed the 2TR to Main Mix button. I see the level lights moving. I can hear the sound in the Phones but NOT via the amp. (The wires are working fine. If I plug in the controller directly to the amp bypassing the mixer, sound comes out of the amp/speakers. I know there is no issue of wiring or amp or source sound via the controller.) I conducted a test where I plugged in a microphone into Mic 1 of the mixer via 1/4" connection. I can hear the mic via the amp/speakers.

I don't understand why the 2TR input is not being outputted via 2TR (RCA). Does anyone have an suggestions? It seems to me that you can not input into 2TR and output at the same time. But this doesn't make any sense as the OUT is a parallel signal of the main mix and shouldn't have anything to do with the input being 2TR.

I've ordered RCA to 1/4" cables so I can plug them directly into Line connections using 1/4" plugs. I won't get these cables for a few days from Amazon. This will then let me "record" or livestream out of my laptop via the USB connection as I understand NOW (after buying this mixer) that the Main mix is muted out to the USB when the 2TR/USB button is pressed to out to Main Mix.

But I'd still like to be able to get 2TR IN and OUT working as I can see need for this connections when DJ'g. Ex. If a videographer wants direct sound from the event, I can connect them via 2TR OUT using RCA. I should be able to connect the RCA out from the DJ controller into the 2TR IN as well.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: XENYX QX1002USB no sound out of 2TR with 2TR input

@original_dj_raj 

Hello Pardeep, welcome to the community.

The behavior you describe is common to most of Behringer's small analogue mixers. When the 2-TR/USB To Main Mix button is pressed, both the 2-TR and USB outputs are muted. This is to prevent possible feedback. With analogue sources, you can avoid the problem by connecting them to stereo channels. 

The problem also affects USB plackback. There are some suggested solutions in these notes. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@original_dj_raj 

Hello Pardeep, welcome to the community.

The behavior you describe is common to most of Behringer's small analogue mixers. When the 2-TR/USB To Main Mix button is pressed, both the 2-TR and USB outputs are muted. This is to prevent possible feedback. With analogue sources, you can avoid the problem by connecting them to stereo channels. 

The problem also affects USB plackback. There are some suggested solutions in these notes. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@RexBeckett Thank you.

I wish that was clear in the manual. I'm going to connect to the 1/4" steroe inputs from the DJ controller as soon as I get the wires I ordered. Thanks for your help.