connecting keyboard,mic,1202fx behringer mixer,and 6i6 soundcard to my system for live recording
Contributor - Level 2

connecting keyboard,mic,1202fx behringer mixer,and 6i6 soundcard to my system for live recording

Sir I am having a lingering problem linking my keyboard,6i6 ,1202fx,mic and headphone to my system the way i want it for recording live music on adobe audition I tried and just got recording it was nice but am not happy cos i finding difficult doing a live recording and not midi from my keyboard into the DAW HELP WITH PICTURES OF FLOW ON THE LINKING OR ROUTING AND THE KIND OF CORDS USED FOR THESE PURPOSE BLESS

mitchoes Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-13

2019-08-13

Sir I am having a lingering problem linking my keyboard,6i6 ,1202fx,mic and headphone to my system the way i want it for recording live music on adobe audition I tried and just got recording it was nice but am not happy cos i finding difficult doing a live recording and not midi from my keyboard into the DAW HELP WITH PICTURES OF FLOW ON THE LINKING OR ROUTING AND THE KIND OF CORDS USED FOR THESE PURPOSE BLESS

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: connecting keyboard,mic,1202fx behringer mixer,and 6i6 soundcard to my system for live recordin

@mitchoes wrote:

Hi @mitchoes , 

It sounds like the only piece you are missing is the MIDI connection to your DAW.  Your 6i6 can function as a MIDI interface so all you need to do is configure it in Audition as a MIDI input device and then connect your keyboard to the 6i6 with a pair of 5-pin MIDI DIN cables.  

Something like two of these: https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-MID-305BK-5-Pin-MIDI-Cable/dp/B000068NTZ?th=1

Let us know what other questions you have. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Re: connecting keyboard,mic,1202fx behringer mixer,and 6i6 soundcard to my system for live recordin

Thanks on the receipt of your response 

Well adobe audition doesn't support midi that i understand but i have problems using my mixer and the soundcard together that i love to do

Plus i hooked the midi cords from my keyboard to the 6i6 and it registers on other DAWS except adobe audition

So i will be using the keyboard with a mic attached to it

moreso my 6i6 didnt come with its SPDIF CORD SO IT SEEMS CONFUSING HOOKING IT UP WITH THE SPDIF ON THE 120FX MIXER SOUNDBOARD OWING TO THE FACT THAT THE 6i6 just has one input and one output SPDIF WHILE THE 1202FX mixer soundboard has two SPDIF INPUT AND TWO SPDIF OUTPUT

I JUST NEED HELP 

KINDLY PROFFER SOLUTIONS WITH PICTURES TO ILLUSTRATE THE HOOK UP OF ALL THESE 

YAH BLESS

Contributor - Level 3

Very puzzled here.  The 1202 doesn't have any SPDIF in/outs at all. Maybe you are confusing the CD/Tape in/out RCA sockets as SPDIF. They are standard analogue only. 

To use the 1202 output to feed into the 6i6 you need to use a pair of standard TRS (stereo) jack to jack leads from the 1202 Main Out L and R jacks to the Input 1 & 2 sockets on the back of the 6i6.

Contributor - Level 1

You can simply connect the keyboard in your computer in USB port for recording your audio. For instant support related to the Computer or Laptop Problem such as Data Recover & Virus Removal please contact Geek Squad Protection Plan for the best solution.