Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

umc404hd No Midi out signal

I recently bought a UMC404hd to interface between my hardware synths and Ableton. I got everything hooked up, downloaded the drivers, and started Ableton. Got everything set up and was able to receive audio from the external synths, was able to receive midi data from the synths, and was able to send midi data to the synths by clicking the onscreen keyboard or adding notes to the sequencer. 

I then had to turn off my computer for a little while and when I came back to start things up again, everything worked except for the midi out. No signal light would turn on on the audio interface when I clicked the onscreen keyboard for the selected midi track. I would see the signal in Ableton, but no light on the interface itself and no signal triggering the external synth.

I tried swapping the midi cables, I tried it with a midi splitter and without, I deleted the UMC drivers and reinstalled, I restarted my computer. Nothing works!

Any help would be appreciated.

Running Windows 10. 

Dragonstuff83 Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-11

2020-02-11

umc404hd No Midi out signal

I recently bought a UMC404hd to interface between my hardware synths and Ableton. I got everything hooked up, downloaded the drivers, and started Ableton. Got everything set up and was able to receive audio from the external synths, was able to receive midi data from the synths, and was able to send midi data to the synths by clicking the onscreen keyboard or adding notes to the sequencer. 

I then had to turn off my computer for a little while and when I came back to start things up again, everything worked except for the midi out. No signal light would turn on on the audio interface when I clicked the onscreen keyboard for the selected midi track. I would see the signal in Ableton, but no light on the interface itself and no signal triggering the external synth.

I tried swapping the midi cables, I tried it with a midi splitter and without, I deleted the UMC drivers and reinstalled, I restarted my computer. Nothing works!

Any help would be appreciated.

Running Windows 10. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies