Contributor - Level 2

using x touch compact as midi controller

need help please

bought x touch compact brand new 3 days ago and cannot get it to do absolutely anything

i only want it to work as a midi controller with my computer sequencer software (no DAW stuff) and so far all's i have got out of it is a few sporadic faders movements which bore no resemblance to what i had recorded.

i just want to be able to adjust volume, reverb, chorus levels etc on a midi track using the motorised faders and maybe even assign a few of the buttons and rotary dials to specific tasks maybe like play and record or any other shortcut i might find handy.

i have emailed 2 separate behringer email addresses 2 days ago but so far not even an aknowledgement.

any and all help gratefully recieved thank you

millivanilli Contributor - Level 2 a month ago

a month ago

using x touch compact as midi controller

need help please

bought x touch compact brand new 3 days ago and cannot get it to do absolutely anything

i only want it to work as a midi controller with my computer sequencer software (no DAW stuff) and so far all's i have got out of it is a few sporadic faders movements which bore no resemblance to what i had recorded.

i just want to be able to adjust volume, reverb, chorus levels etc on a midi track using the motorised faders and maybe even assign a few of the buttons and rotary dials to specific tasks maybe like play and record or any other shortcut i might find handy.

i have emailed 2 separate behringer email addresses 2 days ago but so far not even an aknowledgement.

any and all help gratefully recieved thank you

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: using x touch compact as midi controller

problem solved !

i decided on everything reconnecting from start and it seems to have changed something.

i unplugged absolutely everything in my setup and switched everything off.

total disconnect my 2 main plugs from the mains

connected everything back in and just the usb from computer into x touch compact, no other equipment at this point connected to computer just the x touch compact.

i took my time reconnecting and especially the x touch compact followed procedure exactly

i only connected it using usb, no midi cables

did reset procedure and firmware update procedure on the x touch compact started up my sequencer software did a few test record play record play and everything is working.

i read somewhere on the net someone with similar problems on the x touch universal and they solved theirs similar to this and narrowed it down to dodgy connections or just needed total disconnect/powering up again like a reset possibly earth or something on the electricals something daft but could cause something not to work properly if not reset/undone then reconnected.

i had a problem years ago with a new midi module and same thing solved it. it never happened again i think sometimes overload/change/anything odd on the electrics or something electricals can be a bit of a sod sometimes carries on on your circuits minding its own business until you connect something new.

anyway apologies to behringer i moaned a bit about no aknowledgement i was just worried spent 250 quid and was in the middle of the nirvada desert lol

looks like a nice controller i hope to use for a good few years yet

panic over

Contributor - Level 3

If you are not using a DAW what software are you sequencing your MIDI files with?

Contributor - Level 2

it's a very old version of cubase i've had since the year dot, it's not the software because i have other gear that sends and recieves fader movements/changes of parameters ok. midi is midi at the end of the day i think

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

problem solved !

i decided on everything reconnecting from start and it seems to have changed something.

i unplugged absolutely everything in my setup and switched everything off.

total disconnect my 2 main plugs from the mains

connected everything back in and just the usb from computer into x touch compact, no other equipment at this point connected to computer just the x touch compact.

i took my time reconnecting and especially the x touch compact followed procedure exactly

i only connected it using usb, no midi cables

did reset procedure and firmware update procedure on the x touch compact started up my sequencer software did a few test record play record play and everything is working.

i read somewhere on the net someone with similar problems on the x touch universal and they solved theirs similar to this and narrowed it down to dodgy connections or just needed total disconnect/powering up again like a reset possibly earth or something on the electricals something daft but could cause something not to work properly if not reset/undone then reconnected.

i had a problem years ago with a new midi module and same thing solved it. it never happened again i think sometimes overload/change/anything odd on the electrics or something electricals can be a bit of a sod sometimes carries on on your circuits minding its own business until you connect something new.

anyway apologies to behringer i moaned a bit about no aknowledgement i was just worried spent 250 quid and was in the middle of the nirvada desert lol

looks like a nice controller i hope to use for a good few years yet

panic over