Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I can't use the microphone and speakers at the same time

Hello, I have a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD sound card connected to my pc, with a condenser microphone, I just noticed that I cannot use the microphone and the speakers at the same time, when windows is receiving audio I cannot hear anything and when I listen windows, windows does not receive any signal from the microphone, when I see clearly from the LEDs on the board that it is receiving a signal. somebody could help me?

cabianb Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-19

2020-05-19

I can't use the microphone and speakers at the same time

Hello, I have a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD sound card connected to my pc, with a condenser microphone, I just noticed that I cannot use the microphone and the speakers at the same time, when windows is receiving audio I cannot hear anything and when I listen windows, windows does not receive any signal from the microphone, when I see clearly from the LEDs on the board that it is receiving a signal. somebody could help me?

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: I can't use the microphone and speakers at the same time

@cabianb 

Hello Bianca, welcome to the community.

That is not normal behavior for a UMC202HD or Windows. Did you install the UMC202HD driver? What software are you using for recording?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hello, thank you for contacting me. Sorry the sound card is ¨UMC22¨ with installed drivers. I am not using software
recording, I want to use it to play online games, the problem is created when trying to connect a condenser microphone, people cannot hear me. tried everything in Windows sound settings
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@cabianb wrote:
Hello, thank you for contacting me. Sorry the sound card is ¨UMC22¨ with installed drivers. I am not using software
recording, I want to use it to play online games, the problem is created when trying to connect a condenser microphone, people cannot hear me. tried everything in Windows sound settings

@cabianb 

What make/model of microphone are you using? Can you hear the mic through the UMC22 Phones output when the Direct Monitor button is pressed?