Need help on why sound coming out he FX send port is distorted Xenyx Q1202
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I am using a a Xenyx 1202usb and am trying to use the borad for podcasting a for video game e-sports commentary. the problem I am having is being able to send game sound to the board itself but not out put it back to my computer so as no to cause an audio loop. I tryed to achieve this by using a mix minus setup and and control the channels individually by using the FX knob to control output from the board but still be able to the sound through headset micrphones connected directly to the board. I did indead achive the control I wanted but when I outputed the sound from the FX send port back to my computers input the recording sounded terrible! I sounded like all the sound coming into the computer was coming out of a tin can and all distorted. However when I try to output the board audio through the usb to the computer it all sound fine but loose the ability to control the game audio onthe board becasue i am not using the FX send port onthe borad. 

I am at a total loss. I have been working on this for 3 day try to figure out how to get this to work and It just wont. Please help. I have scowered these forums and no one has answered this problem.

Evan Podlaseck
PXL_Evan Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-18

2020-05-18

I am using a a Xenyx 1202usb and am trying to use the borad for podcasting a for video game e-sports commentary. the problem I am having is being able to send game sound to the board itself but not out put it back to my computer so as no to cause an audio loop. I tryed to achieve this by using a mix minus setup and and control the channels individually by using the FX knob to control output from the board but still be able to the sound through headset micrphones connected directly to the board. I did indead achive the control I wanted but when I outputed the sound from the FX send port back to my computers input the recording sounded terrible! I sounded like all the sound coming into the computer was coming out of a tin can and all distorted. However when I try to output the board audio through the usb to the computer it all sound fine but loose the ability to control the game audio onthe board becasue i am not using the FX send port onthe borad. 

I am at a total loss. I have been working on this for 3 day try to figure out how to get this to work and It just wont. Please help. I have scowered these forums and no one has answered this problem.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies