Contributor - Level 1

Fire Alarm Mute DM8000

Hello-

I’m using a DM8000 for a DSP Control in a theater install.  I have a fleet to f turbosound speakers all fed audio over Ultranet.  I plan on coming off a X32 into the DM8000 and then out to a P16D.  The fire alarm company has installed a smart relay with a set of N/C contacts that open in an active alarm state.  I’d like to use the GPIO terminals to trigger a ganged mute for all of the ultranet channels.  

Heres where I need some help.  I’m not sure of all the settings and the wiring terminals that I need to connect to make it work.

I submitted a trouble ticket weeks ago and never heard back from Klark Teknik.  Anyone have suggestions?

petermciver Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-19

2019-08-19

Fire Alarm Mute DM8000

Hello-

I’m using a DM8000 for a DSP Control in a theater install.  I have a fleet to f turbosound speakers all fed audio over Ultranet.  I plan on coming off a X32 into the DM8000 and then out to a P16D.  The fire alarm company has installed a smart relay with a set of N/C contacts that open in an active alarm state.  I’d like to use the GPIO terminals to trigger a ganged mute for all of the ultranet channels.  

Heres where I need some help.  I’m not sure of all the settings and the wiring terminals that I need to connect to make it work.

I submitted a trouble ticket weeks ago and never heard back from Klark Teknik.  Anyone have suggestions?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Fire Alarm Mute DM8000

Hi Peter @petermciver,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not experienced with DM8000 so I had a look at the manual. From what I can see, the GPIO can only control volume (page 55). In order to externally control mutes or gang mutes, it needs to be done via RS232 (page 43). One way to create an RS232 interface with GPIO (connected to the smart relay) is with an arduino or Raspberry Pi and an RS232 shield.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Fire Alarm Mute DM8000

Hi @petermciver , 

Maybe it's a little old-school but have you thought of just using the alarm relay to kill the power to the P16D?

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver