Contributor - Level 3

Play Acoustic - AUX input routing to looper option. Any ideas please?

(Alas... I think I know the answer.)

Hey Folks. Just wondering if there's any way of routing the Aux input to the PA looper? I have an analogue wooden 'kick drum' stomp box pedal, (Australian made 'little Monster') which when plugged into the 'Aux in' via a 1/4" to 1/8" mini jack lead 'pumps' out through the PA's 'Main Outs' quite nicely. Just wondering if there is a setting option to get this into the looper on the PA?

It would be great if I could 'stomp' out a bar or two at the start of songs during live sets which would record into the looper... to save my tired foot! Cheers in advance - Mark Mac 

markmcilvena Contributor - Level 3 2019-10-05

2019-10-05

Play Acoustic - AUX input routing to looper option. Any ideas please?

(Alas... I think I know the answer.)

Hey Folks. Just wondering if there's any way of routing the Aux input to the PA looper? I have an analogue wooden 'kick drum' stomp box pedal, (Australian made 'little Monster') which when plugged into the 'Aux in' via a 1/4" to 1/8" mini jack lead 'pumps' out through the PA's 'Main Outs' quite nicely. Just wondering if there is a setting option to get this into the looper on the PA?

It would be great if I could 'stomp' out a bar or two at the start of songs during live sets which would record into the looper... to save my tired foot! Cheers in advance - Mark Mac 

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Play Acoustic - AUX input routing to looper option. Any ideas please?

Hey @markmcilvena,
Yep this is already implemented!  Assuming you're on the latest firmware (48), just go into the "Setup" menu, and on the "Loop" page there's the "Input" setting which has "Aux" as one of the options.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 3

Hey Spencer. So glad you chimed in here.

Yes yes YES! Ur sooooooo right! And here's me thinking after 3 lovin' years I knew this pedal pretty well. It's the pedal that continues to surprise! TBH I'd never turned the control knob all the way in the Looper setup to find ALL. Only ever had it set to 'both'... being Geet and Vox. This is possibly due to the minimal explanation on the manual, (see attached screenshot) so I thought this was all we got.

MORAL? If there's a knob... ALWAYS turn it all the way to the right at least once!

While we're on manuals... the amazing new additions and features which arrived in 'build 48' some time ago has never been reflected in the standard PA manual pdf. When I'm considering buying a new bit of gear, I always download the manual to see what I'll be getting. In this instance, it may sell a few more Play Acoustic Pedals becuase there is so much more to it now than is stated in the blurb/manual. Just a thought anyhoo.

Thanks again Spencer... U d best! (And thanks Mike TC) Cheers n beers - Mark Mac (from down under)

Contributor - Level 2

Man thanks, never thought of doing this. 

Off to buy a lead converter and give it a go. 

Slainte.