Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 2

Stereo inputs on mimiq

Anyone have some details on how the stereo input work on the mimiq?

Are they summed and then a new stereo field created or is there a different signal path. 

Thanks for the help! Any info would be appreciated

Tags (1)
Nightfishing141 Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-20

2019-11-20

Stereo inputs on mimiq

Anyone have some details on how the stereo input work on the mimiq?

Are they summed and then a new stereo field created or is there a different signal path. 

Thanks for the help! Any info would be appreciated

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Stereo inputs on mimiq

Hi @Nightfishing141 
I'm trying to do some research on this, but I'm not really understanding it. Dry seems to control the mono input only and wet seems to control both channels. I'm guessing it sums both channels and creates a new stereofield. Then depending on the number of dubs it will placed differently. Basically, I seems to make no difference whether you feed it with a stereo signal or a mono signal.

Triber Moderator

I'll ask around the HQ and see if anyone knows more about this

Contributor - Level 2

Ty!

Contributor - Level 2

@TC-Samuel wrote:

Hi @Nightfishing141 
I'm trying to do some research on this, but I'm not really understanding it. Dry seems to control the mono input only and wet seems to control both channels. I'm guessing it sums both channels and creates a new stereofield. Then depending on the number of dubs it will placed differently. Basically, I seems to make no difference whether you feed it with a stereo signal or a mono signal.

Not sure what I would expect (or want) it to do with that second channel input just curious. I run a wet/dry setup and have been playing with the best ways to handle different effects in the loop. Appreciate the help. 

Contributor - Level 2

Did some further experimenting. 

Ran a stereo chorus into the mimiq. 

Running it mono out and mono in ont he mimiq the mimiq took the signal and created a stereo field. It didn't sound as "good" as the stereo chorus but it worked as expected. 

Running it stereo out and stereo in to the mimiq the mimiq completely killed the chorus effect. Even on a exaggerated vibrato any stereo imaging was completely squashed. 

Seems odd to have a stereo input if that is how it is processed. 

Not a big deal, I just a/b the two pedals when I want to run the chorus, but just is peculiar