Contributor - Level 1

Vl3 click track

Hello guys.

I’ve recently purchased the VL3 extreme after my VLplay electric died. On this unit I see that you can import your backing tracks and play them directly from the unit. An awesome feature. However I play in a trio and we use some backing tracks with a click track. Is it possible to have the click track not go to the main mix and also have it heard through the IEM of the other band members? This is of course very standard procedure and without it playing backing tracks through the VL3 is kinda useless. Hope someone can help me out with this. Thank you.

ajdaames Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-12

2019-10-12

Vl3 click track

Hello guys.

I’ve recently purchased the VL3 extreme after my VLplay electric died. On this unit I see that you can import your backing tracks and play them directly from the unit. An awesome feature. However I play in a trio and we use some backing tracks with a click track. Is it possible to have the click track not go to the main mix and also have it heard through the IEM of the other band members? This is of course very standard procedure and without it playing backing tracks through the VL3 is kinda useless. Hope someone can help me out with this. Thank you.

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Re: Vl3 click track

Hey @ajdaames,
There are couple options for working with a click track depending on how much you want to interact with your VoiceLive 3.  If you want to be pretty hands-off and automate effects, then a pre-made click track imported as a Backing Track is the way to go - make the track the length of your song and automate effect changes so you can just sing and not have to think about toggling effects.  But if you want to be more involved, you can use the metronome in the loop layer as a click, and you can manually toggle effects and even create loops quantized to the click.  The metronome can be synced with incoming MIDI clock too btw.

In either case, you can output the Backing Track or Metronome to just the VoiceLive's headphone output and remove it from the main XLR outputs pretty easily.  This is done in the "Mix" menu, which you access by going to the "Home" screen then tweaking any of the small four knobs below the screen, the "Main Mix" tab affects the two main XLR outputs so you'd just lower either the "Track" or "Metronome" level all the down to "Off" to remove it from the main outs.  The "Headphone Mix" tab obviously adjust the output of the 3.5mm headphone output so just ensure the "Track Level" or "Metronome" level is turned up there so it's heard by your band.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.