Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

CRC8 algorithm in DEQ2496 firmware

Hi all,

One of the DEQ2496 product features listed on the product web page is an "open architecture allowing future software updates via MIDI" and I'm interested in learning how this works.

I've downloaded the SysEx specs for this device, and on page 3 it says the data block contains a CRC8 checksum, but there aren't any specifics on how this checksum is calculated.

Does anyone know whether this is a standard CRC algorithm and what the polynomial/initial/final values are?  I've tried a few standard variations but I'm unable to get a checksum to come out that matches the checksums used in the 2.5 firmware.

Given that it's specifically promoted as having an "open architecture", is there more technical documentation available that I am missing?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Malvineous Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-22

2020-01-22

CRC8 algorithm in DEQ2496 firmware

Hi all,

One of the DEQ2496 product features listed on the product web page is an "open architecture allowing future software updates via MIDI" and I'm interested in learning how this works.

I've downloaded the SysEx specs for this device, and on page 3 it says the data block contains a CRC8 checksum, but there aren't any specifics on how this checksum is calculated.

Does anyone know whether this is a standard CRC algorithm and what the polynomial/initial/final values are?  I've tried a few standard variations but I'm unable to get a checksum to come out that matches the checksums used in the 2.5 firmware.

Given that it's specifically promoted as having an "open architecture", is there more technical documentation available that I am missing?

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies