Contributor - Level 2

TC Play Acoustic Power supply adapter for North American wall plus instead of Europe wall plug

I recently bought a Play Acoustic pedal but the seller didn't have the North American wall plug adapter - it came only with the European wall plug adapter.  I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows where I can get only the adapter for the North American wall plug, not the entire power supply.  Or if there is anyone in Europe who would sell me the adapter if they are not using it.

Thanks in adavance for any help!

Banimal Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-20

2019-09-20

TC Play Acoustic Power supply adapter for North American wall plus instead of Europe wall plug

I recently bought a Play Acoustic pedal but the seller didn't have the North American wall plug adapter - it came only with the European wall plug adapter.  I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows where I can get only the adapter for the North American wall plug, not the entire power supply.  Or if there is anyone in Europe who would sell me the adapter if they are not using it.

Thanks in adavance for any help!

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: TC Play Acoustic Power supply adapter for North American wall plus instead of Europe wall plug

Hi Chris ( @Banimal ), 

Welcome to the community.  Can you post a pic of the label on the PS wall wart?  Use the "Choos File" button in the lower left when you reply.   I doubt TC Eleectronics makes their own power supplies so I should be able to locate the adapter part numbers based on the module itself. 

Also, @TC-Mike might be able to help. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Re: TC Play Acoustic Power supply adapter for North American wall plus instead of Europe wall plug

Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it - I haven't been even able to try out my new PlayAcoustic yet so the suspense is killing me!  I've attached a picture of the specs on the power supply, (I think that is what you were asking for) but I need the N. American plug attachment for the power supply, instead of the European wall plug adapter.  Appreciate your help big time.

Chris

Hi Chris ( @Banimal ), 

Can you post a picture of the other side as well without any plug adapter attached?   That PSU is manufactured by Shenzhen Honor Electronic Co, ltd.   It may be dfficult to purchase just a single US adapter since most wall modules are sold in bulk only.   I'm trying to cross reference it to a compaible part which is why I need a picture of the other side.   To be honest with you, any 12V/400mA wall wart will work as long as it's a "-" center post. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Ken,

Here's the other side of the adapter, with the European adaptor beside it.  I also put a tape measure so you could see the size of the adapter needed.  Thanks again for your help.

Chris

@Banimal 

Hi Chris, 

Sorry but I've run into a dead end.  The only thing I can figure out is that those adapters are not available separately, as in, they only come with the power supply as a kit.   It does, however,  look like any 12VDC power supply would work as long as it can output 400mA or more and is center negative. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for all your help Ken. Much appreciated. I'll take a look online for what you mentioned. 
All the best,

Chris

Contributor - Level 1

https://fannisazan.com