Contributor - Level 2

GOXLR not playing true speakers

Hi i just got my GOXLR but i'm trying to figer out if i can play sound true my speakers as i'm not using a headset to stream but if i setup music etc i cant hear the music anymore or whatever i change its gone.

Kandalf Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-24

2019-07-24

GOXLR not playing true speakers

Hi i just got my GOXLR but i'm trying to figer out if i can play sound true my speakers as i'm not using a headset to stream but if i setup music etc i cant hear the music anymore or whatever i change its gone.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: GOXLR not playing true speakers

Hey there! You'll need to plug your speakers into the headphone output of GoXLR and you'll be fine!

Community & Social Media - TC-Helicon - GoXLR
Contributor - Level 2

Hey ! 

Thx for the response problem is that i use a 5.1 setup so not sure how this would work.

Contributor - Level 3

GoXLR has stereo outs and USB audio devices, any audio you would use with GOXLR in conjunction with your 5.1 speakers would only come out of the front 2 speakers and subwoofer. All in all, GoXLR is advertised as having stereo outputs and it's probably not the best solution for someone wanting to utilize a true 5.1 system. That being said, if you plug a 3.5mm cable from the headphone jack of GoXLR into the Line In on your computer, and then use "Listen to this device in Windows" that's the closest to real-time functional as you will get with a 5.1 system and GoXLR.

Community & Social Media - TC-Helicon - GoXLR
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Cool Thanks, came here find out the solution and what luck somebody had already asked about the same, frees me from the hassle of posting and waiting.