Contributor - Level 1

GOXLR only makes noise in Streamlabs

Hi...So i just got my GOXLR, and im setting it up. I have followed several videoes on Youtube, on what do to.

But when i came to setting it up with OBS Streamlabs, and adding Broadcast Stream mix in Audio, it only makes noise. I pre recorded before this, and all was good with headset and my Blue Yeti. But i need to capture my desktop audio, to be able to hear game sound from my PS4 on stream.

Anyone who can help?

Im using a 1 pc setup, with PS4, 2 monitors, Blue Yeti and Turtle Beach Elite pro  2 headset.

OgierDK Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-01

2019-08-01

GOXLR only makes noise in Streamlabs

Hi...So i just got my GOXLR, and im setting it up. I have followed several videoes on Youtube, on what do to.

But when i came to setting it up with OBS Streamlabs, and adding Broadcast Stream mix in Audio, it only makes noise. I pre recorded before this, and all was good with headset and my Blue Yeti. But i need to capture my desktop audio, to be able to hear game sound from my PS4 on stream.

Anyone who can help?

Im using a 1 pc setup, with PS4, 2 monitors, Blue Yeti and Turtle Beach Elite pro  2 headset.

Contributor - Level 3

Re: GOXLR only makes noise in Streamlabs

Hey there! There's quite a few things we'd like to check. We actually have a dedicated space in Discord where we can work instananeously through text chat. If you don't have it already, it's free and something you can use in your browser.

You can join at this link: discord.me/helicongaming - this would probably be the fastest way to help. However, here are some things to give you to try in the meantime and some follow up questions:

1. Your microphone and heapdhones need to be plugged directly into GoXLR. Make sure you've got a 3.5mm cable and a ground loop isolator so there's no fuzz or hiss and the audio comes through clear. I know you've said that you've watched several videos - but we discuss all this with this video.
  2. Your headphones need to go straight from the 3.5mm output on your headphones into the GoXLR. I can't find if you can do this through the DAC on turtlebeach's website, but we can verify that with you in the Discord as well.

In Streamlabs OBS, you should only have 1 input (Mic/Aux Device), and no outputs (Desktop Audio Devices). GoXLR handles all of those audio devices and mixes them for you. I'm fairly sure the noise you're hearing is ground noise from the Blue Yeti by not having a ground loop isolator.

Hope to see you in Discord!

John

Community & Social Media - TC-Helicon - GoXLR