Contributor - Level 1

GOXLR with Sound Card?

I use a Sound BlasterX G6 with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro headphones now. I just purchased a GoXLR to use with a Shure SMB7. I am also using a dual PC setup. So far everything seems to be working, but I am not sure how, if it's even possible, to use my SB G6 with the GoXLR setup. 

Any help would be much appreciated! Smiley Happy 

Thanks!

daerik Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-05

2020-01-05

GOXLR with Sound Card?

I use a Sound BlasterX G6 with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro headphones now. I just purchased a GoXLR to use with a Shure SMB7. I am also using a dual PC setup. So far everything seems to be working, but I am not sure how, if it's even possible, to use my SB G6 with the GoXLR setup. 

Any help would be much appreciated! Smiley Happy 

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: GOXLR with Sound Card?

As long as the G6 supports live monitoring, simply run a 3.5mm cable + ground loop isolator from the GoXLR Headphone output to the Line In on the G6. You may need to play a little bit with the balance of headphone volume you send out of the GoXLR and the headphoen volume you send out of the G6, but it should work fine.

Community & Social Media - TC-Helicon - GoXLR
Contributor - Level 1

Re: GOXLR with Sound Card?

What if you are using an internal sound blaster sound card inside the pc? (single pc set up) The sound card only uses the headphone jack on the back of my pc, so I can't figure out how to get that audio to my Go xlr (because it uses USB). I tried aux from pc headphone jack to Go xlr line in, but that did not work. Any help for users with internal sound cards? Thx!