Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Go XLR mini - Paired with external DAC / AMP

Hello all,

I recently picked up a Go XLR mini and I am really enjoying it thus far. However there is one thing I have not yet been able to solve and I would like to know if it is possible. Prior to using the Go XLR I used a Schiit Modi and Magni (DAC / AMP). The AMP could drive a lot more power than the Go XLR and there is a noticeable difference in sound quality in my opinion. So my question is this, is there a way to output the channels on the Go XLR through my AMP / DAC or just the AMP even? I would like the full functionality of the Go XLR but the sound quality and power of my other equipment. Let me know if anyone has a solution for this. I have thought of a couple ideas but would like more insight before I go out and spend more money on it. Thanks!

Other information that may be of help:

Mic: Rode NTG4 

DAC: Schiit Modi

AMP: Schiit Magni

Helicon Product: Go XLR Mini

blackriver35 Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-21

2020-05-21

Go XLR mini - Paired with external DAC / AMP

Hello all,

I recently picked up a Go XLR mini and I am really enjoying it thus far. However there is one thing I have not yet been able to solve and I would like to know if it is possible. Prior to using the Go XLR I used a Schiit Modi and Magni (DAC / AMP). The AMP could drive a lot more power than the Go XLR and there is a noticeable difference in sound quality in my opinion. So my question is this, is there a way to output the channels on the Go XLR through my AMP / DAC or just the AMP even? I would like the full functionality of the Go XLR but the sound quality and power of my other equipment. Let me know if anyone has a solution for this. I have thought of a couple ideas but would like more insight before I go out and spend more money on it. Thanks!

Other information that may be of help:

Mic: Rode NTG4 

DAC: Schiit Modi

AMP: Schiit Magni

Helicon Product: Go XLR Mini

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Go XLR mini - Paired with external DAC / AMP

i do something similar with my setup. i have a goxlr that has the headphone out go to my amp. you cannot use your dac however, since the goxlr is already taking care of that for you.