Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

GoXLR Audio Cuts Out

So I set everything up for the GoXLR and I'll run audio through it and the audio cuts out intermittently. Like the audio stutters.

I've removed drivers that could interfere, tried a different cable, tried different USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the GoXLR drivers and app, and restarted multiple times.

The issue still persists no matter what I do. Is it possible I got a bad unit or am I missing something?

Reverence Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-13

2019-07-13

GoXLR Audio Cuts Out

So I set everything up for the GoXLR and I'll run audio through it and the audio cuts out intermittently. Like the audio stutters.

I've removed drivers that could interfere, tried a different cable, tried different USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the GoXLR drivers and app, and restarted multiple times.

The issue still persists no matter what I do. Is it possible I got a bad unit or am I missing something?

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GoXLR Audio Cuts Out

It looks like we have been troubleshooting with you in our Discord and have found some sort of bottleneck to exist on your machine as the stuttering seems to directly correlate to running certain programs. Your best bet will be to continue to pursue support through there for the time being.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't been on my computer at all for a day. Got back on and it now currently doing it with everything. The audio now stutters no matter what is open or what audio is playing. I'm starting to think I have a faulty unit. I'm about to pull out my laptop to test it on that to see if it does it on that as well.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I am having these same issues

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Did you ever find the problem? Mine is also cutting out with my mouse scroll wheel, or when I go full screen on sites. I just purchased this GOXLR and i havent found ANY troubleshooting for this problem.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi HellBoy
If you are having issues can you please click "Support" At the top, and open a technical support or service request ticket. 

We can then go through some trouble shooting and try to get a better idea of whats going on and find a resolution for you. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  About every 16-30 minutes, all audio will cut out.  I do a weekly radio show.  

The device is plugged in via USB.  I connect the device to my various audio sources and mid way through a stream I will have a gap of 9 - 33 frames of silence.  The fader LCD's drop on the inputs, all apart from the Line In which I set to monitor the output of another PC so I can check I am on air.

I have checked my BIOS, I have updated all drivers for the GOXLR and removed any audio drivers that are not in use.  The only thing I have not tried is a complete rebuild of windows 10.  

I have audio examples of this due to the fact that it happens every time I send my audio out on stream.  I have measured the gaps in premiere and they are not the same duration.  I have also asked on Discord server and they told me to check my Bios which I did.  It still happens.  I tried another port.  It still happens.  Any help to sort this out would be great.  The idea of this device is perfect, but I just need to find out if it's my hardware or the GoXLR.  This only happens when the GOXLR is active.  I never have a problem streaming music normally when the PC is not in the studio.

Many thanks.

Andy.

Andy Sutton www.edge.radio
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi @AndySutton 
can you open up a tech support ticket for me please (if you havent already)? 
We can then go through some trouble shooting and try to find a resolution for you. 

If you could also upload the videos/audio to Google drive/WeTransfer/Dropbox and put a shareable link in the case desription it would be extremly helpful.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Having bought another device from another manufacturer and having not had any issues with it doing the same job as the GoXLR mini - I have decided to return the device to Amazon.

I have proved that it is the device that is causing the drop outs due to the fact that if I use another software item which streams the music directly (not via GOXLR) to the stream.  During a show, my only device that cut out were the ones attached or routed through the GoXLR device.  The faders drop, and the recording only has music (from MIXXX software) and the inputs from GOXLR vanished for 19-22 frames on two occassions.  

The device I purchased was a powered USB 3 device and is issue free.  I think the issue is a USB 2 bandwidth issue, which I cannot overcome.  

Andy.

Andy Sutton www.edge.radio