Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

GoXLR w/ Samson Q2U

Hey guys, finally got the GoXLR to setup with my Samson Q2U dynamic microphone. Im running into an issue where on default settings, I jump straight to microphone setup and I have to pump 64 db of gain into the mic using the "dynamic" setting. Issue there is that Im still very quiet on discord, and moving the "Mic" slider introduces a lot of background noise. I wonder if Im missing something here as other people use dynamic mics with the GoXLR successfully. I even checked Windows settings and all volume sliders for microphone and GoXLR devices are set to 100.

Inaudible Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-13

2020-03-13

GoXLR w/ Samson Q2U

Hey guys, finally got the GoXLR to setup with my Samson Q2U dynamic microphone. Im running into an issue where on default settings, I jump straight to microphone setup and I have to pump 64 db of gain into the mic using the "dynamic" setting. Issue there is that Im still very quiet on discord, and moving the "Mic" slider introduces a lot of background noise. I wonder if Im missing something here as other people use dynamic mics with the GoXLR successfully. I even checked Windows settings and all volume sliders for microphone and GoXLR devices are set to 100.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies