Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Proper Way to Shut down GoXLR

I followed the video instruction of GoXLR and love it... but when i shut down my computer the GoXLR does not turn off like the rest of my connected devices.   Given I did not find the power button and I unplugged the power cable.   When I turn on the Computer & GoXLR next morning, nothing is working!!  Arrrggg   

what am I doing wrong?? Plz help

Art Chang
Artc1688 Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-18

2020-03-18

Proper Way to Shut down GoXLR

I followed the video instruction of GoXLR and love it... but when i shut down my computer the GoXLR does not turn off like the rest of my connected devices.   Given I did not find the power button and I unplugged the power cable.   When I turn on the Computer & GoXLR next morning, nothing is working!!  Arrrggg   

what am I doing wrong?? Plz help

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Proper Way to Shut down GoXLR

Hi,

I had the same issue myself. The GoXLR does not have a power button to shut it down, and it will stay on when you power down your PC.

You can however go around this issue in two ways as I know of:

1. If you want to disable the lights on the device while you're asleep / away from the PC:
    • Make sure to save your current settings in the GoXLR app. You can do this by clicking one of the profiles in the profile list, then click the "Save" icon at the bottom of the Profiles area. Note that this will overwrite the profile you selected;
      • If you want to make a new profile with your current settings, click the "Create new profile" button next to the save button. You'll get the option to either create a new profile with the default settings, or create the new profile with the settings that are currently in use.
    • There should be a profile in the GoXLR App named "Sleep", you can double-click this profile to make it active.
      • This will discard the settings you had applied before you activated the Sleep profile, so make sure to save as described above.
      • When you want to re-enable the GoXLR, simply open the GoXLR app and double-click the profile you created earlier.
  2. If you actually want to completely power down the device;
    • Make sure to save your current profile as described in 1. above.
    • Power down your PC as you'd normally do, then unplug the GoXLR power supply.
    • You should be able to plug the device back in and power up the PC when you need it.
      • Note that the profile sometimes has a tendency to not load automatically when the GoXLR App starts. You will then need to manually switch to your profile by double-clicking it in the GoXLR app.

Quick video intro on profiles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7IToJJyCB0

Final note: The feature to automatically turn off the GoXLR device when you shut down your PC has been noted in the #new-features-being-added channel in the TC Helicon Gaming Discord server. However the timeline comment is "No ETA, but high on the priority list.", so I'm not sure when this will be available.

Here's the link to the Discord if you want to take a look:

https://discord.me/helicongaming