Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Trouble with the Xenyx Q 802

Hey Guys,
A long time ago i bought a Mic with a XLR-port.
My problem is that the Mic itself is working (means the sound is registered at the Xenyx Board) but the sound is not registered by the PC.
It is connected to the PC via a USB-A to USB-B cable.
Probably the problem is with the driver but i dont know how to "activate" ASIO4ALL. I downloaded it and now ?

MoBlufiz Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-14

2020-03-14

Trouble with the Xenyx Q 802

Hey Guys,
A long time ago i bought a Mic with a XLR-port.
My problem is that the Mic itself is working (means the sound is registered at the Xenyx Board) but the sound is not registered by the PC.
It is connected to the PC via a USB-A to USB-B cable.
Probably the problem is with the driver but i dont know how to "activate" ASIO4ALL. I downloaded it and now ?

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Trouble with the Xenyx Q 802

@MoBlufiz 

Hello Florian, welcome to the community.

It is not essential to use ASIO4ALL, the Q802USB should work with the default Windows USB sound driver. Check these things:

Make sure that the USB/2-Track To Main Mix button is not pressed. This mutes USB recording to prevent feedback.

Open Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager and look for USB Sound Codec (what Windows calls the Q802). It should be in the group Sound, video and game controllers. If it is marked as Unknown or has an error flag, it should be uninstalled and reconnected.

If you are running Windows 10, see Microphone Privacy Settings which also affect USB sound interfaces.