Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

outputs

Hi 

I have just bought a GoXlr and i'm starting to think its the wrong device for me, one of the profiles i want to create is have system sounds, Chrome/Youtube & game sounds playing through my monitor speakers and be able to control the sound volume for the game on one channel fader (Goxlr device) and chrome on another fader (GoXlr device).

the sounds / channels work fine through the headphones but i cant have the sound output to the monitor speakers and control the volume from the Goxlr.

starrting to think im missing the whole point of this device and my expectations are wrong.

hullchap Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-12

2020-03-12

outputs

Hi 

I have just bought a GoXlr and i'm starting to think its the wrong device for me, one of the profiles i want to create is have system sounds, Chrome/Youtube & game sounds playing through my monitor speakers and be able to control the sound volume for the game on one channel fader (Goxlr device) and chrome on another fader (GoXlr device).

the sounds / channels work fine through the headphones but i cant have the sound output to the monitor speakers and control the volume from the Goxlr.

starrting to think im missing the whole point of this device and my expectations are wrong.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: outputs

Any audio devices you want to control via GoXLR need to be connected via GoXLR - same with any other mixer/audio interface. In most cases, you could hook up your speakers via the Line Out of GoXLR and then use profiles to switch between a "Speakers" profile and a "Headphones" profile.

Community & Social Media - TC-Helicon - GoXLR
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thought as much but when I have a 3.5mm lead in the "line out (Goxlr)" to my audio in on the monitor and make sure the Goxlr routing output is set to line out i still get no sound from the monitor.

The Goxlr is receving the audio as I can see the LEDs on channel 4 moving.

It might be a  monitor error, there's nothing in the monitor settings to help unless its a error from using a HDMI from the pc thats overriding the monitors audio in, who knows.

I have a 7.1 system in another room ill try a long lead into that tomorrow see if that works.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

well my main sound system worked with the goxlr, but my monitor "audio in" does not work.

I'll just buy a new amp for my computer, I have some good speakers lying around.

Thanks for your help.