Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

xenyx 802 sounds tiny

The sound sounds muffled and when i listen to music some parts of the song you cant even hear. ive tried mutiple cables. it sounds narmal when i pull the connecter out a little. 

Wheelz2112 Contributor - Level 2 2020-05-21

2020-05-21

xenyx 802 sounds tiny

The sound sounds muffled and when i listen to music some parts of the song you cant even hear. ive tried mutiple cables. it sounds narmal when i pull the connecter out a little. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: xenyx 802 sounds tiny

@Wheelz2112 

Hello John, welcome to the community.

How are you listening to the 802 output? Are you using headphones or monitor speakers? What make/model of headphones or speakers do you have? Which mixer outputs are you using? 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

thank you for replaying.

Im using the phones port to my audio-technica m50x headphones. also send my pc audio to line one(all the imput ports have the same proplem)

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@Wheelz2112 wrote:

thank you for replaying.

Im using the phones port to my audio-technica m50x headphones. also send my pc audio to line one(all the imput ports have the same proplem)

@Wheelz2112 

This can be caused by a bad connection through the 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter. I would try a different one and make sure both ends are fully plugged in.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Cancellation due to unbalanced stereo output from computer to mono balanced input socket on console?

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@CraigFowler wrote:

Cancellation due to unbalanced stereo output from computer to mono balanced input socket on console?

@CraigFowler @Wheelz2112 

That's a very good point, Craig. If pulling the input cable out a little improves the sound, John, that is probably the cause. To connect from the phones output of a PC or phone, you need a splitter cable like this. Connect it to one of the stereo inputs on the mixer.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

yeah thank you that was the problem. is there a way to make it balanced? so i can you the mono inputes?

@CraigFowler 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

i really just need a device that can have multiple inputs to one output(without having to switch channels) all the research i did kept coming back to the mixer. im not really using it for music or streaming or podcast. 

@RexBeckett @CraigFowler 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

You need a 1/8" TRS> 2x 1/4" TS cable like Rex mentioned.  This will get your unbalanced left and right channels from your computer into two separate inputs on the console (3/4, 5/6 or Aux Return, depending on what's available.)   You could instead use a 1/8" TRS>2x RCA cable and go into the 2-track input and route that to your main mix, but you don't get any level control on the console.

In all of these cases, the signals are are going into separate inputs (even though they're balanced,) so you won't get the summation cancellation.