Contributor - Level 2

xtouch extender with voicemeeter

Is there anyone who has used the xtouch extender as a stand alone with voicemeeter? I'm looking at hardware controllers and have a question. First, I'm using voicemeeter potato which has 8 inputs/outputs. What I would like to have is the faders controlling the inputs and the encoders to default to controlling output while pushing the select button changing the encoders to give me access to individual channel controls (EQ level, noise gate, compression). Has anyone tried this? Or is there anyone willing to try? I would be happy to assist in any way I can.

Joshua McKenzie
Kandalf87 Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-23

2019-10-23

xtouch extender with voicemeeter

Is there anyone who has used the xtouch extender as a stand alone with voicemeeter? I'm looking at hardware controllers and have a question. First, I'm using voicemeeter potato which has 8 inputs/outputs. What I would like to have is the faders controlling the inputs and the encoders to default to controlling output while pushing the select button changing the encoders to give me access to individual channel controls (EQ level, noise gate, compression). Has anyone tried this? Or is there anyone willing to try? I would be happy to assist in any way I can.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: xtouch extender with voicemeeter

@Kandalf87 

The Xtouch Extender has only two modes and neither is programable (the functions are fixed). MC mode is totally dependent on the host. If the host has lousy MC, then the Extender will also. The generic mode is also not programable. It would depend on the level of flexibility that voicemeeter has. The knob and Fader MIDI message numbers are in the owners manual. Perhaps an X-touch Compact might be a better choice. 

View solution in original post

Rising Star - Level 2

@Kandalf87 

The Xtouch Extender has only two modes and neither is programable (the functions are fixed). MC mode is totally dependent on the host. If the host has lousy MC, then the Extender will also. The generic mode is also not programable. It would depend on the level of flexibility that voicemeeter has. The knob and Fader MIDI message numbers are in the owners manual. Perhaps an X-touch Compact might be a better choice. 

View solution in original post

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Hi Joshua, 

Welcome to the community.  I haven't done anything with the X-Touch extender but based on this video it looks like voicemeeter can be controlled with a standard MIDI controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fazbwbQhJNg

The issues I've always had with controlling programs with a MIDI controller is the fact that it usually works fine as an input device but it's more difficult to get the MIDI messages back to the controller to set the LEDs, position the faders, etc. and it's even more difficuly to keep the software and controller in sync if both a mouse and the controller are use.  The XT extender midi sends and receive messages are fully documented in the Quick Start Guide so all of the information is available to do it.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

I had a feeling it would be something like that but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. Thanks for the reply.

Joshua McKenzie
Contributor - Level 2

@KenMitchell It can, and it does have the ability to send midi messages out, just takes a little extra configuring. Currently I am using an android app called Touchdaw, and while it works I'm just looking around because I would prefer a hardware interface. I do appreciate the info though.

Joshua McKenzie
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for this information. It is useful