Top Solution Authors
Triber Moderator

Flashback 2 Delay TAP TEMPO firmware update!

CALLING ALL FLASHBACK 2 USERS!

(view in My Videos)

Thanks to your extensive feedback, we have developed a new firmware update for the Flashback 2 and we are NOW SEARCHING FOR BETA TESTERS!

The update gives users the option of having TAP TEMPO as the secondary footswitch function and true stereo input instead of MASH.

After updating to firmware V1.2.00, you can toggle between MASH and TAP TEMPO as a global setting for your Flashback 2 in the TonePrint App.

Press and hold the footswitch for 1.5 seconds to activate TAP TEMPO control (power LED turns green), then tap the footswitch in sync with your desired tempo to adjust delay times accordingly.

When TAP TEMPO is selected from the TonePrint App the MASH LED will constantly flash to display 1/4 note tempo of the delays, even when the pedal is turned off so you can always tell if you're on time.

The firmware update also fixes a small bug regarding stereo summing in buffered bypass mode when using stereo output.

If you own a Flashback 2 and you'd like to help us beta test firmware V1.2.00, please contact us :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, 1.2.00 firmware is now officially released and can be downloaded on the TC website:
https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR/Dow...

Thanks for all the help and feedback. With best regards,  Mike  TC electronic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Amstutz | Community Manager, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
TC-James Triber Moderator 2019-06-14

2019-06-14

Flashback 2 Delay TAP TEMPO firmware update!

CALLING ALL FLASHBACK 2 USERS!

(view in My Videos)

Thanks to your extensive feedback, we have developed a new firmware update for the Flashback 2 and we are NOW SEARCHING FOR BETA TESTERS!

The update gives users the option of having TAP TEMPO as the secondary footswitch function and true stereo input instead of MASH.

After updating to firmware V1.2.00, you can toggle between MASH and TAP TEMPO as a global setting for your Flashback 2 in the TonePrint App.

Press and hold the footswitch for 1.5 seconds to activate TAP TEMPO control (power LED turns green), then tap the footswitch in sync with your desired tempo to adjust delay times accordingly.

When TAP TEMPO is selected from the TonePrint App the MASH LED will constantly flash to display 1/4 note tempo of the delays, even when the pedal is turned off so you can always tell if you're on time.

The firmware update also fixes a small bug regarding stereo summing in buffered bypass mode when using stereo output.

If you own a Flashback 2 and you'd like to help us beta test firmware V1.2.00, please contact us :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, 1.2.00 firmware is now officially released and can be downloaded on the TC website:
https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Thanks for all the help and feedback. With best regards,  Mike  TC electronic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 Kudos
  • 56 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Flashback 2 Delay TAP TEMPO firmware update!

This is how you disable MASH switch to activate the TAP tempo feature on the new 1.2.00 firmware:

• Connect you Fb2 pedal to your computer or mobile device
  • Start the Toneprint app 
  • Select the Flashback 2 in the Templates view:
    flashback 2 beta disable mash1.PNG
  • Select any template from the list and click on the pencil icon to edit it 
    fb2 diable mash 2.PNG
  • click on the Product Settings tab and then on the MASH switch lever as seen in the screenshot
  • fb2 product settings.PNG
  • you have now disabled MASH switch functionality and the MASH LED should no blink and indicate the current delay time
  • the setting is remmebered until you enable  MASH again 
TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I own a TC Electronic Nova Delay and love the hold tap tempo feature where you can hold down the tap tempo button, play a rhythm and the pedal listens to the tempo you play and matches it. Will that feature be available on the Flashback 2?

Triber Moderator

no, strum tempo mode of Fb1 won't be available, just normal Tap tempo

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 1

I've just sent an email to be a beta tester. Looking forward to test it.

But... maybe a stupid question...
Looking at the screenshots above I see 'Flashback 2 Delay' and 'Hall of Fame Reverb' (1) listed in the Templates. I have the most recent Toneprint app for Mac and Android, but both devices are missing in the 'Templates' list. So how can I make the 'Flashback 2 Delay' appear to access it's settings? And, if possible but off topic, the 'Hall of Fame Reverb' (1), too? I tried to use the support form, but the submit button fails.

Triber Moderator

Hi Hans,

currently (last friday) there was an issue with the toneprint content of the app when updating the content of the app.

the issue was fixed during this weekend and now you should have all FB2 templates back. We are still missing the converted FB1 templates. they shoul dbe added later today.

in case you haven't gotten the beta firmware downloadlink already, let me know and i sent it right away.

Best,

Mike

Contributor - Level 1

Hi Mike,

I have not received the download link yet. But good news about the Flashback 2 templates, They're back in my app and I can edit again! (For the off-topic: Still missing the HoF1 in the templates.)

Best,
Hans

Triber Moderator

Hi Hans,

i send you the beta downloadlink in a second to your registered e-mail.

Beste Gruesse aus Dånemark,

Mike

Contributor - Level 1

Hi Mike,

Can you please send me the beta software for the Flashback 2?

Thanks a lot!!

Dian Spasov

Contributor - Level 1

Hi TC-James,...Just read about the FB2 firmware update that enables tap tempo in lieu of MASH.  That's a great trade-off in my book, and I'd really like to be included in the beta-testing on this new firmware.  What's the proceedure for getting involved?  Thanks!

George (Seattle, WA)  425-922-8688