Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Flashback 2 feature request: MIDI Clock sync via USB

Hi,
it would be great if the Flashback 2 could be synced to MIDI Clock via USB. It's already recognized as a class compliant USB MIDI device and can sync to tap tempo. So it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Kind Regards

Felix

Tags (4)
FelixHomann Super Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-03

2019-09-03

Flashback 2 feature request: MIDI Clock sync via USB

Hi,
it would be great if the Flashback 2 could be synced to MIDI Clock via USB. It's already recognized as a class compliant USB MIDI device and can sync to tap tempo. So it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Kind Regards

Felix

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Flashback 2 feature request: MIDI Clock sync via USB

Hi Felix,

thank you for your feedback. With the current Fb2 Midi sync via USB is unfortunately not an option due to the codespace being fully used, so there are no recources left for new features. With the new Fb 2 Firmware update, that is being released next week, we opted to implement a Tap tempo mode instead and could just fit it in, so that other feature ideas had to be dropped.

We keep this in mind when developing new products and have it already logged as a feature request.

In a typical Guitar setup Din Midi is much more common and has better compatibility with other existing midi enabled guitar products. Our new FB 2 X4 has expanded Midi specs including Midi clock and global tap tempo feature, as it also has enough space for standard mid connectors. On the normal sized Toneprint pedals there is no space for a din midi socket.  Would midi support via minijack out and an adaptor work for you too ? 

Best regards,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi Mike,

thank you very much for your detailed reply. It seems I might need to get a good deal for my FB 2 and get a FB 2 X4 instead  

MIDI through a minjack+adaptor would be a good idea for the normal sized pedals, indeed. The reason I specifically asked for the USB/MIDI sync was that there already is a USB jack on the pedal and hoped it could be implemented. In the end I don't care that much how the MIDI connection is made.

Regards,
Felix

Triber Moderator

Hi Felix,

if you use remote control of FX parameters a lot during production and don't mind the bigger footprint the FB2 X4 is indeed the better product for this. All potmeters , MASH switches, connected Expression pedal can be remote controlled via Midi CCs and you can freely assign any available parameter to the potmeters via Toneprint app (up to 3 parameters with individual ranges can be assigned to a "modifier" so up to 18 parameters can be controlled simultaneously via Midi .) When having the pedal midi synced to a clock and changing the delaytime manually, it will snap back to the clock tempo, which makes for great fun especially when using the tape delay (which changes pitch when tempo changes).

here are the Midi specs for the Fb 2 X4: (manual is not online yet) 

fb2 midi specs.PNG

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs