Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Toneprint startup and Internet

Hello,

Does anybody knows what Toneprint is doing at startup ?

1. it takes several minutes to properly starts, and it occupy a large space of my (poor) internet bandwith.

2. it takes few seconds if I'm not connected on the internet.

thanks

F

FAR Contributor - Level 3 2020-05-23

2020-05-23

Toneprint startup and Internet

Hello,

Does anybody knows what Toneprint is doing at startup ?

1. it takes several minutes to properly starts, and it occupy a large space of my (poor) internet bandwith.

2. it takes few seconds if I'm not connected on the internet.

thanks

F

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Toneprint startup and Internet

Hi @FAR 

It's syncing / checking for new / updating the toneprints in the device with the ones in the TC servers. If you're not connected to the internet, it'll start faster because it'll just use the ones it finds in the device you're using.

My YouTube channel with Plethora X5 content: https://bit.ly/2WpQdX8

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi @FAR 

It's syncing / checking for new / updating the toneprints in the device with the ones in the TC servers. If you're not connected to the internet, it'll start faster because it'll just use the ones it finds in the device you're using.

My YouTube channel with Plethora X5 content: https://bit.ly/2WpQdX8

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

then it will be nice to have an option about it in the setting of toneprint.

F

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

the current initial start up time where the app connects to the toneprint server and updates the content is a known issue and depends also on where you are located. Especially Us customers have reported long initial upstart times. We are looking into it and on the long run there will be a smarter cloud based solution that will get rid of the current performance issues with the online content update mechanism.

Best regards,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs