Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

9V DC power Outlet connector cables for the G System

Does anyone know where (in the US) to get replacement cables for the the four (4) 9V DC power outlets. Mostly, what I have been able to find is the male to female standard connectors, but these seem to be female to female cables.
Guitars: Peavey Wolfgang, Schecter Hellraiser DLX, Schecter Spitfire Amps: Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp with a 2:90 Amp, Marshall TSL122 Combo Fx: G-System, Satchurator, Boss Giga-delay, VOX Wah Wah
Tags (1)
zcloudman Contributor - Level 2 2008-09-28

2008-09-28

9V DC power Outlet connector cables for the G System

Does anyone know where (in the US) to get replacement cables for the the four (4) 9V DC power outlets. Mostly, what I have been able to find is the male to female standard connectors, but these seem to be female to female cables.

• 0 Kudos
  • 12 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: 9V DC power Outlet connector cables for the G System

ebay, there were loads on there.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I tried looking. What name did you see listed as.
Guitars: Peavey Wolfgang, Schecter Hellraiser DLX, Schecter Spitfire Amps: Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp with a 2:90 Amp, Marshall TSL122 Combo Fx: G-System, Satchurator, Boss Giga-delay, VOX Wah Wah
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

ebay Item number: 160288990849
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

You can purchase the tips and wire at Radio Shack and solder your own to custom lengths.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry to borrow your thread,

Anybody here knows what kind of power cable I need to run a pedal at 18volts using 2 outputs of the G?

By the way zcloudman, count another recomendation for ebay here... I bought mine there.
Guitars: Suhr Modern, Tom Anderson Classic, Fender Custom Shop 60's Strat Amps: Fargen Dual British, Marshall JMP 20 Fx: T Rex Moller > G-System: Xotic BB, Option 5 Destination Overdrive
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

chris101 wrote:
ebay Item number: 160288990849

Thanks for the advise. I'm trying to stay away from ordering (especially on Ebay) international. I have been burned too many times waiting for many months or not getting the items at all. That is why I'm trying to find someone in the US.

Your link to the item did help me though. I know what to call the connectors.

Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I guess you've been unlucky, I'm in the UK and have ordered a lot of cables etc from the far east, everything has arrived in less than a week and they all know how to fill in the customs declarations to save us poor musicians the import tax, how kind!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Actually the holes in the tips of the radioshack ones I saw are too large. Take one of your G-sys ones there and compare it before you buy. I went to a electronics outlet and they had the correct ones. The large hole in the RS ones will not make full contact all of the time and can make what seems like intermittent power drops. The problem I had was the cables that came with the G-sys were too short for me, I wanted them a bit longer so I could put the stomp boxes on top of my rack. So I made some 3 foot long ones that work just fine.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks. I'll do that.