Highlighted

Brainwaves MASH Tip

Contributor - Level 2

Hello there,

The MASH footswitch is one the great features of the Brainwaves. I noticed i sometimes have to step hard on the footswitch to get the full sharp bend effect.

Here is a tip you can use to make it more easy to use in Whammy or V1>V2 modes:

Go to the MASH tab in the TonePrint app and modify the course of the footswitch. You can for instance ask the pitch to reach 100% when MASH footswitch is only engaged at 75%.

Certainly the course is shorter but you no longer have to worry about pushing the footswich completely to achieve a full bend.

Hope it helps

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Brainwaves MASH Tip

Triber Moderator
This is a good tip and works for all MASH controlled parameters (also on other MASH enabled pedals). If you want the bend to be fast check also that "Bend time" parameters for the two voices are at minimum setting.

Best regards,
Mike
TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

Volunteer Moderator

Will check it out!

Volunteer Moderator

My Brainwaves is my first MASH pedal, and I discovered this almost immediately. As I wanted it to operate as a momentary switch, rather than a pressure-sensitive controller, I mapped it to 100% all the way across the board, and map the bend time to the Mix knob.

Gemma Seymour (she/her), Volunteer Moderator, Multi-Instrumentalist, "The Eliza Effect", Northeast United States (UTC -05:00), Lang: en (native), de (bißchen/rostig), jp 日本語 (少し), 40+ yrs public performance, 30+ yrs pro audio, 25+ yrs technology consulting, 20+ yrs gigging/recording artist