Guitar

This board is dedicated to the wonderful six-stringed instrument that is the guitar. Talk about playing techniques, your favorite gear, artists, bands and more!

Highlighted

Loud pop from a Bugera v55 Infinium, then nothing

Contributor - Level 2
Got my v55 Infinium yesterday. Played a bit and all was well. Turned it on tonight and heard a loud pop from the back of the unit. Now no power, no jewel light, nothing.

Have a service request to Bugera now. Is it the tubes? I can replace tubes but do not want to void the warranty.
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES

Re: Loud pop from a Bugera v55 Infinium, then nothing

Volunteer Moderator
Did you check the fuse?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
Where would the fuse be? There is nothing I can see without taking the amp apart.

Volunteer Moderator
Looking at this video at the end there is a fuse on the main pcb.

http://youtu.be/t3qwLrzU1vY
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
I just bought it. Would taking it apart void the warranty?

Contributor - Level 2
This video shows four fuses. It looks like some substantial work to get to them.

I'm more than willing but I'm not wild about doing something that would void the warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HuH2iDO-0I&feature=youtu.be

Volunteer Moderator
Opening up the amp that much to check the fuses may void your warranty.

Contact Care support for advise on how to proceed. You can find the details in my signature. I’m pretty sure that a local amp tech could fix it for you, but since you’re still under warranty I’d be better safe than sorry.

James Kaihatu;158835 wrote:
This video shows four fuses. It looks like some substantial work to get to them.

I'm more than willing but I'm not wild about doing something that would void the warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HuH2iDO-0I&feature=youtu.be

Contributor - Level 2
I have tried calling several times today using the number in your signature. I have been on hold for 20+ minutes each time. I would have stayed on longer but the hold music was making me insane. I have left messages but no one has gotten back to me.

I have filed a warranty claim but have not heard back yet.

Hopefully something will happen soon.

Contributor - Level 2
More information:

I bought the amp through Amazon. Amazon has deemed it "unreturnable due to hazardous material" even though they shipped it to me. Warranty service is thus my only option unless I want to be out of $500 or try to have it worked on outside of warranty. Of course I have to wonder why the fuse popped in the first place.

I really liked the clean channel on this amp and really want it to work. I hope they get back to me soon.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors